65 Thoughts Everyone Has On Move In Day

65 Thoughts Everyone Has On Move In Day

A though-by-thought guide to your move in day.

146
65 Thoughts Everyone Has On Move In Day

Move-in Day can be an exciting, stressful, and sad event all thrown into a few mere hours.

Depending on your school, your move-in day time, experience, and schedule can be very different from someone else's, but these are thoughts that everyone has when they move back into their college homes.

1. UGH! I have to wake up at 6 AM to drive all my stuff down to school?

2. I bet I can totally take a nap in the car on the way down.

3. There's no way any of this stuff is fitting in the trunk of this car.

4. No dad, my rug isn't going to fit in the car even with half of the back seat down. The whole backseat down? Then where am I going to sit?!

5. I can't believe everything's packed.

6. Oh no. The dreaded "saying goodbye to your pets".

7. I knew this day was coming. OH MY BABY DOGGO, I WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH!

8. I just locked the door and I miss my dog already.

9. Locked and loaded in the car, I'm ready for school to start!

10. *Snore*...

11. A two-hour car ride with my mother telling me safety tips about partying? UGH, CAN WE BE THERE ALREADY?

12. I'm going to miss my mom a lot.

13. Is dad asleep already or is that just the motor making those snoring sounds?

14. Man, this break wasn't long enough.

15. Hey, I think I see another car that's packed just as tight as ours!

16. Oh man, we're getting close. I can feel the college seeping in!

17. Campus is so beautiful. I'm lucky to be here.

18. I can't stop bouncing in my seat; I'm so excited to see my friends!

19. Oh no, so THIS is where the traffic gets bad.

20. We've been in the same spot for 15 minutes now, WHAT IS TAKING THESE PEOPLE SO LONG?!

21. Aaaand we're moving. Slowly.

22. Long breaks are fun and all but I'm ready to see my people again!

23. I think I can see my dorm from here. I WANT TO BE HOME!

24. Hey, look at all of the excited students to help me move in! It seems totally fake to see excited college students smiling at 9 AM though...

25. Okay, how do I drive to my dorm? What road do I take? Yeah, I'm lost. I don't usually drive to my dorm or anything!

26. If I get lost finding my dorm I'm totally going to get lost walking around campus. Again.

27. Alas, I'm parked and at my dorm. Time to unload the mountain of junk from my car.

28. How am I supposed to carry all of my stuff to my room? DAD! COME HELP ME!

29. Yeah, sure, I'll sign my parents into the building while carrying three boxes of clothes...Sure, why not?

30. We still use keys? With our technological advances, we should be able to use our ID cards to get into our rooms.

31. There's a 45-minute wait to ride the elevator to my floor? ...Worth it.

32. NEVER. TAKE. THE. STAIRS. AGAIN.

33. Dad, don't carry that many bags up the sta- nevermind, he's doing it.

34. Wow, my dorm room is so barren. Hah, give it two weeks tops and check in again.

35. I lowkey need to wash my comforter and sheets. Eh, maybe later.

36. I hope my roommate doesn't think I'm weird.

37. MY ROOMMATE IS HERE! HELLO!

38. Packing clothes is horrible, but unpacking them is worse.

39. Desk decorations are my favorite and my desk is adorable.

40. Yes mom, I brought plenty of food with me, I'll be fine. Or you can take me to Walmart and I can get more food. That's cool too.

41. Yes mom, I know where the Advil and Tums are in my medicine bin.

42. I miss my parents already and they're still here.

43. I miss my dogs. Again.

44. My stuff is almost unpacked. Why aren't my friends here yet?

45. I'm scared of getting homesick when my parents leave.

46. I'm kinda tearing up already. Staying with my parents over break is fun.

47. Now my room is completely decorated and my things are unpacked, I'm ready for college living!

48. My best friend is moving back in. YES.

49. I totally need to go help her move all her stuff in!

50. Wait, why does she have so much less stuff than me? Guess I'm the overpacker.

51. Okay, I have my friends around me, no need for a teary goodbye to my family.

52. The elevator ride down...It's kinda depressing actually. I love my parents.

53. We're outside. Mom's already crying. I see some friends. Oh come on mom, you know I'll be fine, I've done this before!

54. Oh, I'm definitely crying a bit, but it's okay, just pull it together!

55. I love you, mom, I love you, dad, I love my family a lot. I'm going to miss you 'til next break.

56. But now it's my time to shine. I'm going to soar here at college!

57. Saying goodbye wasn't as hard as I thought. Now I can go to my friends' dorm rooms with them and have fun on my own!

58. Wow, I'm finally free. Living at home really makes you appreciate your freedom.

59. Ah, all the people around me, it really feels good to be here.

60. And we're getting dinner? But I already hate the dining hall's food...Ugh. Can we get something else? How about pizza?

61. It's been two hours and I think I just spent way too many bonus dollars.

62. What's the student programming board putting on tonight? A comedian? Heck yeah, let's go!

63. You know, college is taken for granted, but it's pretty awesome.

64. I don't think I'm ready for my 9 AM biology class. Oh well, time to have fun!

65. Welcome to freedom; welcome to your life. - From me.