7 Ways To Treat Your Single Self This Valentine's Day

Celebrate who you are and show a little (or a lot of, preferably) love to yourself!
137

The day is coming up, folks. If you're single this Valentine's Day, don't worry—there's nothing wrong with that! In fact, it's better because you're saving money by not purchasing any items for your significant other. Sounds like a great deal to me.

If you're single this Valentine's Day, treat yourself! Celebrate who you are and show a little (or a lot of, preferably) love to yourself!

If you're single this Valentine's Day, here are seven cheap and easy ways to relax and make yourself feel loved!

1. Bubble bath

For all the bath lovers out there, this one's for you. Grab your favorite sweet-smelling bubbly soap, your TV tray filled with popcorn and M&Ms, and light a few candles! Treat yourself to a bath and leave feeling refreshed and loved.

For all the LUSH Cosmetics lovers out there, try out this Giant Rose Bombshell Bath Bomb! Relax while surrounding yourself with small hearts and flower petals as you soak.

https://www.lushusa.com/bath/bath-bombs/rose-bombshell/06616.html - $8.95!

2. Buy yourself flowers

What's better than planning ahead a few days, ordering a beautiful arrangement of your favorite flowers, writing yourself a kick-ass note full of love and having them delivered to you at your work place or home?

Example of said kick-ass note: "You are conquering the world and making others blind by your powerful shine. You go, girl." Because, hey, who needs a man to tell you that? No one.

https://www.fromyouflowers.com/products/how_sweet_... - $27.99!

3. Pedicure

Who doesn't love silky soft feet - and to top it off - afterwards lounging in a pair of aloe infused fuzzy socks?!

Treat yourself to a pedicure at your local salon or go online and buy your own kit! Regardless, you'll feel amazing and your sore, cracked feet will be forever grateful this Valentine's Day.

https://www.amazon.com/Buytra-Professional-Pedicur... - $9.99

4. Learn or try something new

Interested in trying yoga for the first time? Ready to finally try out that new restaurant down the block? Want to read the popular book everyone is buzzing about? Do it on Valentine's Day!

Learning something new refreshes the brain and decreases stress! Go for it, be confident, and (hopefully) fall in love!

For great deals this Valentine's Day - check out Groupon and save up to 70% off!

https://www.groupon.com/?&utm_source=google&utm_me...

5. Compliment yourself

Loving yourself is hard to do nowadays, thanks to social media controlling our idea of having 'perfect bodies' and 'perfect lives'. There's no such thing as either and as soon as one can learn that, the better! Love yourself for who you are, because you're amazing.

Craft idea:

Head to your local Walmart and purchase mason jars and some red, pink, and white paint. Go home and decorate the mason jar with vibrant colors. While waiting for the paint to dry, write down 20-30 things you love about yourself!

After the paint has dried, place your sheets of things you love about you inside the jar and shake!

Come back to this jar often throughout Valentine's Day and remember to celebrate you.

6. Get together with friends

Who said Valentine's Day needed to be about significant others? It's a day of love! Celebrate the relationships you have - whether it be with your parents, your children, your pet, or your close friends!

Some ideas:

- Get together with friends and see a popular movie

- Enjoy a picnic in your favorite park complete with your favorite drinks, snacks, and games - either by yourself, your friends, or your pup!

- Bake some delicious treats, watch your favorite TV show, and chow down after they've cooled off! Valentine's Day was created as a national cheat day, right?

- Enjoy a day filled with shopping and treating yourself to your favorite restaurant and that new pair of boots you've been looking at for weeks!

7. Spend time outside

Take a walk around the neighborhood and take notice of the objects you don't normally have time to observe. Was that tree always right there? What color is the sky? What favorite memories come to your mind about living here? A breath of fresh air, while reflecting on the small things always does some good.

I hope everyone's Valentine's Day is special this year - regardless of how you spend it whether it be with your significant other, your best friend, your co-workers, or your cat. The last one sounds just fine with me!

Today's society is so focused on whether or not you have someone special to share this day with, but there's nothing wrong with taking time for yourself and realizing how special you are without the help of a significant other.

Remember to love yourself and celebrate who you are this Valentine's Day.