7 Ways To Make The Most Of Your 2020 Summer If You Live In Hoboken

Here is a list of seven relaxing activities to do in Hoboken that will ensure you experience all the beauty this city has to offer.

24

I grew up in Hoboken, New Jersey, a fairly urban town that still always managed to retain a community-like feel. Although not all of the great activities Hoboken has to offer are open due to COVID-19, there are still a lot of things to do and places to see if you are trying to make the most of your summer in Hoboken, or even just a few weeks. Here is a list of seven relaxing activities to do in Hoboken that will ensure you experience all the beauty this city has to offer.

1. Picnic On Maxwell Pier

Maxwell pier is one of the many beautiful parks in Hoboken, and this particular one resides right on Hoboken's spectacular waterfront with a view of Manhattan. A picnic here on a hot summer day is the perfect way to pass an afternoon.

2. Frozen Yogurt From 16 Handles

This delicious frozen yogurt establishment is actually right next to Maxwell pier, so it might be a perfect way to end your picnic. There are tons of flavors and toppings to choose from.

3. Lunch At Elysian Cafe

Elysian cafe is a French restaurant in Hoboken and it also happens to be one of my favorite places to eat in town. It recently reopened so it definitely needs all of our business, and Elysian along with the other restaurants in the city are finally opening for dine in again.

4. Visit The Waterfront At Night

One of the best parts of warm summer nights in Hoboken is the glittering view of Manhattan from the edge of the Hudson River at night. This sight will complete almost any night perfectly.

5. Bike Ride Around Town

Hoboken recently redid many of its roads and paved the previously potholed asphalt into smooth new roads complete with added bikes lanes that make it much easier to ride around town. Since Hoboken is only a square mile you can ride into the neighboring towns of Newport or Edgewater.

6. Buy A Book From Little City Books

Little City Books is a locally owned independent bookstore in Hoboken that definitely needs our support during these times. Summer is the perfect time to read, and summer during a pandemic is an even better time!

7. Have A Socially Distanced Front Porch Gathering

If you or a friend has some space in your backyard or on your porch, get together for a socially distanced drink one evening to spend some quality time together. COVID-19 doesn't have to completely kill our social lives.