7 Ways To Survive Finals Week

7 Ways To Survive Finals Week

It's that time again...*sigh*

30
7 Ways To Survive Finals Week
Odyssey

It's that time of year again, that time where college students attempt to scramble to study and pull their lives together just long enough in order to make a grade high enough to get that "C" or whatever the desired grade shall be. Whether you have one final or finals in every class, life is going to be a struggle as the procrastination will be knocking. While procrastination is great, here are seven additional ways to ensure to calm your nerves, help you study, and ultimately survive finals week.

1. Music

Music always calms the soul. I can't study to the maximum potential without some sort of noise going on, whether it's the TV, someone talking to me, or (better yet) jamming out to a playlist of my favorite songs.

2. SNACKS.

Snacks are absolutely essential to prepare for finals. Ever heard of brain food? Snacks keep you focused, especially salty/sugary snacks like popcorn and M&Ms. Or you can use the snack as a reward system of some sort. You get a question right? You can get a handful of popcorn. Get it wrong? No snack 'til you get it right!

3. Draw/paint

So you're on edge due to studying for hours...it's time for a break! To calm down, it's been proven that painting and/or drawing can relieve unnecessary stress. Even if you aren't the best artist, grab a paintbrush and let it do the work. You'll feel better afterwards.

4. Drink tea

Move over coffee, hot tea is where it's at! ...especially green tea, it's the best. But in all seriousness, hot tea can also keep one satisfied and focused without all the after-effects that coffee can bring.

5. Cry

Finals can be an emotional time for some students. You may be on the brink of making that 'A' you really want or maybe you're so close to passing the course with a 'C' that this final is make-it-or-break-it. Whatever your case may be, it's okay to let it out. Let out your emotions and stress and just cry. It's alright, it happens to everyone. And guess what, afterwards, you'll feel a lot better.

6. Take a walk

If the weather is permitting, then take a break and take a ten minute or so walk. This will not only allow you to clear your head, but it also gets you out of that little cramped, dorm room.

7. Believe in yourself

And finally, believe in yourself. Ultimately, it's up to you if you decide to study to your full potential; it's up to you to pass the test. Keep yourself motivated even if no one does because you are going to rock this finals week. You got this. You can finish strong, you just have to believe.