7 Ways To Get Rid Of Stress And Be Your Best

7

We've made it. Here we are, finally in college. I hope everyone here is having the time of their lives. Your college years are supposed to be the best years of your entire existence, right? Although this is what everyone says, I know for many of you, this may not be true. College is hard. Balancing classes, a social life, family and everything else thrown at you is never easy -- especially being away from home. For who ever may need it out there, here are some helpful tips of getting through a rough time.

1. Do not let your thoughts take control of you.

Breathe, say “stop” and think of something you love, someone you love, a smell that you love, a food that you love -- anything that you can find comfort in.

2. Find joy in the little things.

Sounds cliche, but I swear to you this is important. Smiling once a day is better than none. Once you can find joy in one thing, it becomes easier to find joy in everything else in your life.

3. Talk to the people you love, be around the people you love, laugh with the people you love, cry with the people you love.

These people love you for a reason and will do anything to help you. Even if it doesn't seem like it, they all want the best for you. They will accept you, give you advice, and will never leave your side as long as you can do the same for them in return.

4. Walk, go to yoga, get extra sleep, eat right, take vitamins -- you will not have a happy mind unless you have a happy body. It's as simple as that.

5. It's okay to break down.

You cannot be strong all the time. Cry when you need to cry, talk when you need to talk. It's okay not to feel okay, just know there are better things ahead. The emotions are temporary. And, yes, it can be unbearable, but from there, the only place you can go is up.

6. Trust in yourself that you will make it through.

You will not succeed unless you can believe in yourself enough that you will make it. Even if you can't see what the end is like, you have to tell yourself to take the first step.

7. Cherish every day.

You may be going through a rough time, you may feel empty, but that doesn't mean you've stopped living. Look around you, hold the door for someone, introduce yourself, smile at a stranger. You never know who else is going through a rough time and needs a reason to smile too. Be kind to the world and the people around you, and the world will be kind to you back.