7 Ways To Reduce Stress During Midterms

7 Ways To Reduce Stress During Midterms

Or "Ways to not lose your mind during midterms"

43
7 Ways To Reduce Stress During Midterms
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/06/636429308188856675-1835336076_lacie-slezak-128106.jpg

We are reaching that point of the semester that all college students dread. Midterms. It is a time of long nights of studying and worrying. These things can result in a lot of stress, so I thought I should share some of the things I do to try and relax, so hopefully these help in some way!

1. Try a new hobby

I used to play the piano when I was younger, so lately I have been trying to get back into it. For me, playing the piano is extremely relaxing, so being able to play again has been a huge help in keeping me sane. If music isn't your thing, I've heard people who knit, color, draw, read, or even going hiking. Pick something that is interesting to you and time will fly!

2. Go sit outside

There is something extremely soothing about being able to take a quick minute to just sit outside and take the world around you in. Whether you go just outside your dorm room to sit by a couple trees, or you go along a trail to get a complete nature experience, just being outdoors can do a lot of good to get a clear mind.

3.Take a hot bath or shower

Hot water and steam are an automatic go-to whenever I feel off. No one bothers you while you're in the shower, plus you can just forget about your responsibilities for a few minutes, which can be really refreshing. Otherwise, it's just a good place to cry as well.

4. Spend an afternoon by yourself

One of the great things about college is that your friends are always around, but sometimes that can add stress too. Take a few hours to spend just by yourself, doing literally anything you want. This can be very calming to be on your own for a bit and can be extremely refreshing for your mind.

5.Go on an adventure

Living near Chicago is such an amazing blessing, as it always has something to do, no matter what your interests are. Grab a couple friends who need to also get away, and go on a spontaneous adventure!

6. Call your family

You might not always realize it, but you miss your family. I've been extremely busy this semester, and being able to just chat with my family every once in a while has felt like a reset. As someone who can't go home very often, phone calls are extremely stress-relieving for me.

7. Cry

No, I'm not being sarcastic with this one, I am 100% serious. Crying it out is one of the best things for me to feel better. It's not like crying is fun, but you will feel way better after. I put on my go-to crying movies, either "The Last Five Years" or "Beauty & The Beast", or I take a shower, and just let it out. 10/10 would recommend