Ten Truths For Tall Girls

Ten Truths For Tall Girls

Being tall is cool, but so is not being tall.

133
Ten Truths For Tall Girls
The Independent

I am a tall girl. At an "impressive" six feet, my height gives me a unique perspective (pun intended) on life. The following is true for girls over 5' 10".

1. You've been asked "Do you play basketball/volleyball?" on multiple occasions.

And you've watched the disappointment wash over their face when you answer "no."

2. Or "how's the weather up there?"

The forecast says cloudy with a high chance of walking away from you.

3. Your height becomes a topic of conversation.

"Wow, you're so tall!"

4. Jeans. are. impossible.

Everything is too short: skirts, maxi dresses, and don't even get me started on rompers.

5. High heels are wearable, but scary because they add that much more distance between you and the ground.

You know what they say, "The taller the girl wearing high heels is, the more drawn-out and painful the fall."

6. Group pictures are hard.

"No it's OK, I didn't want the top half of my face in the picture anyway."

7. Hugs are great for you, sometimes not for the person you're hugging.

You're thinking they fit perfectly, and they're thinking of ways to get out of this death trap.

8. It seems like tall guys only date short girls.

Even though it's definitely not true, you can't help but wonder after seeing the 14th tall guy/short girl combo in one day.

9. You generally feel like a giant around people of average height or shorter.

And they like to call attention to it.

10. Unintentionally being a jerk when it comes to high fives.

Hey, they're supposed to be high.

But if anyone tries to get you down about your gift of height, remember: in Greek mythology, the Amazon Warriors were a bunch of tall women who were known for kicking ass and taking names. So walk tall, my fellow giraffe. You're killing it.