7 Things People Will Tell You When You Join A Co-Ed Professional Fraternity

"So it's like a fraternity where all you do is study together?"
852

1."You mean a sorority right?" 

Pretty much, except we also let our male members join in on the sorority squatting and girl talk. #inclusion

2. "So both guys and girls can join?" 

We also accept applications from dogs, dolphins, hobbits, Grindylows, Hippogriffs, Inferi, Ninja Turtles (regular turtles need not apply), and the occasional evil spirit contained in a videotape.

3. "What if people start dating?"  

We require them to embroider a Scarlet "A" on their chest and stand on a scaffold in public for as long as we see fit. We used to just banish them from the village but the population was getting too small... but actually, for the most part we turn our heads the other way until they care to admit what everyone else already knows.

4. "I don't think Greek Life should be Co-Ed."  

I don't think the Comic Sans font and pumpkin spice flavored cream cheese should exist, but isn't it nice to have opinions?

5. "So is it like an honor society?"  

It's exactly like an honor society except without the honor society part.

6. "So it's like a fraternity where all you do is study together?"

Absolutely. We discuss Treasury Bill Rates and the Principals of Accounting and when that conversation runs its course we twiddle our thumbs until its time to go to class. Sometimes when we're feeling wild we go to office hours together.

7. "Why didn't you join regular Greek Life?" 

In all seriousness, Greek Life should be about finding an organization where you feel as though you belong. With people and values with whom you can identify. I have a chapter full of people in my life who taught me a lot about not only professionalism, but myself as a person. They are my family away from home, so I can comfortably say I found what I was looking for.