7 Super Bowl Ads That Will Always Give You The Feels

Get your tissues ready, you're going to need them

46
Super Bowl Commercials

Some of us watch the Super Bowl for the game, some for the halftime show, and some just for the commercials. Whichever party you identify with, there's no denying that you are excited for the big game to finally arrive.

Before we stuff our face with those wings, however, let's take a trip down memory lane. There's no denying Super Bowl commercials are a big deal. The multi-million dollar 30 second ads are often talked about nearly as much as the big plays, and we always have a favorite we talk about at work the next day.

While some are laugh-out-loud hilarious, others can be memorable for the emotions that you felt. Some resonate with us on a deeper level, and some bring to light issues going on in our nation that are sometimes hard to talk about.

Without further ado, here are several fan favorite Super Bowl commercials that left us in puddles of tears and reminded us that the industry still does have a heart:

1. "Brotherhood"-Budweiser 2013

For years, Budweiser has had some of the best commercials due to its use of their famous Clydesdale's and adorable puppies. There was the lost puppy, the horse training like rocky, and a salute to those who lost their lives on 9/11. However, the one that tops them all would have to be "Brotherhood," where our farmer raises a Clydesdale from birth to be a Budweiser Clydesdale, and reunited once again years later. With Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" playing in the background, it's truly one of the most emotional ads, making even the toughest of individuals cry.

2. "Imported From Detroit"-Chrysler 2011

Doesn't ring a bell? You probably remember this as the one where Eminem made an appearance. The ad was such a hit because of how timely it was. Eminem had just made his full "Recovery," no pun intended, and Chrysler had just come back from nearly closing its doors. It was a symbol of what America had been through and what it still was enduring 3 years after the beginning of the recession. Shots of Detroit coming back stronger than ever with a gospel version of Eminem's most famous song, it showed just the beginning of America's comeback and how we will NEVER lose ourselves.

3. "Farmer"-Ram Trucks 2013

In 1978, broadcaster Paul Harvey read his now-famous "So God Made A Farmer" speech. 35 years later, Dodge would use it to showcase how farmers truly are the backbone of this nation. We see still shots of the daily grind and just what they go through so that each and every one of us can have food on our tables. Maybe you didn't think much of it the first time around, but if you live in a rural area or are yourself a farmer, you certainly tipped your hat to this ad.

4. "Mean Joe Greene"-Coca-Cola 1979

Probably the most famous Super Bowl commercial, if not the most famous commercial ever, this classic has been replicated many times and truly plays with the child inside all of us. Its hard to pinpoint why this has been such a hit through the years. Maybe its the fact that we see another side to "Mean Joe Greene." Maybe it's a child helping out his idol. Maybe it's something else. Whatever it may be, we can all put ourselves in the shoes of these two, and it reminds us that we are all just human beings looking out for one another.

5. "Whole Again"-Jeep 2013

Yes, 2013 certainly was a good year for emotional commercials. One that flew under the radar but certainly hits home for so many of us is this ad, which featured a narration from Oprah Winfrey herself. The add reminds us all of the sacrifices so many of our troops make so that we can be a free nation. It reminds all soldiers that we are waiting for them, hoping that every day will be the day they come back into our lives. It's always a winner when we salute our troops, and this one takes the cake.

6. "Journey"-84 Lumber 2017

Super Bowl ads have not been without controversy. Doritos and GoDaddy have both gotten in trouble for their ads featuring sexual material. However, not all controversy has been about women in bras, but rather about current political issues. Many may not even know about this ad due to it not being shown in its entirety. The ad was in two parts, with the second half not being shown as planned due to public outcry. I'm not here to talk politics or how I feel on the matter, but "Journey" does show another side of illegal immigration. The commercial shows a mother and daughter traveling across the entire country of Mexico en route to the U.S., only to find Trump's boarder wall to have been built. However, one carpenter has a little trick up his sleeve to aid those who are making the journey. I encourage you to watch the trailer, because like it or not thousands of individuals go through this process yearly, and our eyes need to see the reality.