7 Stories That Perfectly Sum Up Freshman Year At JSU

These memories will last a life time!

115

As we begin coming to a close of our freshman year at JSU, I started asking my friends about their favorite memories. Here, you will find memories of how my friends and I met and grew closer this year.

Sarah Boger, Freshman

"My favorite memory is sitting on the football field until 3 in the morning after a football game. We talked, laughed, and just laid there. It was one of the key bonding moments for our friend group and helped to establish that I was where I belonged."

Ashleigh Crouch, Freshman

"I don't have a specific memory, I just love all the times we hang out in the basement of our dorm or in the rec center and just chill because I feel like I can be my true self with y'all, and I don't ever feel like I have to get dressed up or hide who I am."

Destiny Paris-Cartwright

"Mine is Disney Trivia Night. We laughed, made memories, and won! I love being able to be competitive with the people I love. Also, taking pictures before Christmas and taking pictures recently!"

Britney Ryals, Freshman

"Mine is when I went to the Morgan Wallen concert and meet you, Sarah, and Cortney because it set the path to finding the friends that become family."

Megan O'Connor, Freshman

"it's hard to pick out my favorite moment from freshman year honestly, but I would have to say one of the best ones was when I went to The Factory which is in Gadsden, Alabama for the first time, and I went with Freshman Forum. We as a group went and had a "lock-in" where we got to stay there overnight and have full reign of the bouncy room area till around 7 am the next morning. Since it was around the first few weeks of actually being in the forum so I didn't know many people, and this whole retreat was a way to break the ice between everyone and get to know our groups. However, I had met a girl named Destiny during the interview phase of it all, and we really clicked, and thankfully we both made it. I loved hanging out with her and everyone else in the forum, and it was super cool to get to know her more, She's been a super good friend to me over the year, and I can thank The Forum, and The Factory for that!"

Cortney Salster, Freshmen

"One of my favorite memories of my freshman year in college would have to be attending the play "She Kills Monsters." I enjoyed watching the actors/actresses go beyond their ability to make the play so exhilarating and seem so realistic. I had such a great time."

Kelsie Pence, Freshman (Me)

"My favorite memory of freshman year is coming back from Christmas break. I was so excited to see my friends. When I walked into Fitzpatrick and went to their rooms, they were just as excited to see me. I love that I've made friends that make going home so hard."