7 Steps You Should Take To Promote A Safer Uber Ride

6. Avoid traveling alone

29
Instagram: @uber

Today, Uber has blown up to be one of the biggest forms of transportation. When you watch the news, you see scary stories of kidnappings from Uber or Lyft drivers. It is hard to know if you are in the right hands if you are unaware of the services the Uber app provides you, in order to have a safe ride.To avoid these dangerous situations, here are several steps you should follow to have a safe Uber ride.

1. Check their ratings

Typically when you order an Uber, the app finds an available driver for you. However, you have 5 minutes to cancel it without any charge if you do not want the Uber anymore. The first thing you should do is evaluate the Uber driver's ratings located next to their name on the app. Anything below 4.5 is a no. However, 4.6-4.7 is good and anything above a 4.8 is great! There is a reason people didn’t automatically give them 5 stars, so just be cautious before continuing the ride.

2. Ask for the driver’s name first

Numerous people get in the uber before asking for the driver’s name. This is not a safe way to approach the situation. They should address your name first and you should follow up with asking them their name to make sure it matches their description on the app.

3. Check their license number

Before getting into the car, you should ALWAYS check their license number. Obviously, you need to make sure it is the right car first, then check the license number. The license number is next to the picture of their car or below their name and profile picture on the app. People get in the wrong car various times and that one time could be life threatening.You never know, so take the time to check.

4. Track your ride

Make sure your driver is taking you to your destination by following the driving map on Uber. Also, be aware your driver doesn't travel off course or make unplanned stops. By being alert, you are able to possibly avoid an uncomfortable, dangerous situation and take action.

5. Share your ride

When you are on your trip, you have the ability to share your ride with anyone like your parents, siblings, or friends! Click on "Share your ETA" or "Share your ride" and select your specific contacts. They are able to follow your Uber to make sure you are out of danger and getting to your destination.

6. Avoid traveling alone

There is power in numbers, so traveling with multiple people is helpful and makes you look less vulnerable as an individual. I know you may travel by yourself several times, but try to go with your friends if you can. If that cannot happen, follow the previous steps to avoid danger. Carrying a little mace doesn’t hurt either!

7. Provide feedback for future riders

After your ride, you can provide feedback through star ratings, comments, and awards through the app. Therefore, future riders can view the driver’s profile to make sure they are a great Uber! By taking 30 seconds to provide feedback at the end of your ride, you can save someone from danger.