7 Stages of Struggling with Your Major

7 Stages of Struggling with Your Major

College is Hard, and so is Your Degree.

168
7 Stages of Struggling with Your Major
Icces Wilcox

College is rough, everyone agrees to that much. Students work hard to get their degree and start their career so if someone has problems in their area of stuff they start to worry. Struggling in an area that you are supposed spend your life doing is one of the worst feelings I have experienced thus far. People go through many stages when they realize they are struggling before they come to terms with it.

1. You deny you have a problem

You think that because you are majoring in this subject that you could never struggle in it or ask for help. You dig yourself a hole by not seeking help early on.

2. You start to get frustrated

You still kind of deny your struggle in public, but you realize this subject is mega tough for you. You don't want to admit it yet, but you are probably feeling inadequate and that makes you angry.

3. You blame everything except yourself

You come up with so many excuses to give to your friends, family, and other professors. Most of the time the professor for that particular class gets the blame even though they are a perfectly kind person ( I know this is not always true!).

4. You start bargaining for your grade

You wish and try to finagle your way to a better grade. You start emailing your professor for bonus points and extra credit to bump up your grade.

5. You seek real help

When you realize that you truly need help, you seek it! You finally realize you need to take an initiative and you get a tutor or form a study group so you can figure out how you're going to get the grade.

6. You give up

If you still can't get the material you start to feel pathetic and you give up. You might start picking out a new major, worrying less, and develop an pessimistic attitude.

7. It turns out fine

Whether you change your major or you get through the class-- it is all fine and you move on with your life.