7 Signs You And Your Friends Can’t Wait For Spring Break

“Aruba, Jamaica, oh I want to take ya. Bermuda, Bahamas, come on pretty mama.”

113

Midterms are fast approaching, if not here already, but it seems like spring break will never come. You and your best friends have booked your hotel, bought your plane tickets, now it's time to start getting ready for the best week of the entire year.

1. You have a countdown written on the refrigerator.

The excitement is real and what better way to stay motivated to get through the next two weeks than with a countdown? You are probably fighting about who gets to change “14 Days” to 13.

2. You all have begun to face the “Pizza vs. Salad” battle at every single meal.

For the past six months, most likely to your own demise, you have put little to no thought into what you shove into your face. Like, what even are calories? Well, not anymore people. You are keeping each other in check and lying to each other about how good your spinach salad with low fat dressing tastes.

3. That guy named Gym has become the newest addition to your squad.

Let’s be real, you all hate him more than you hate your 8 a.m. on the Vern, but you let him hang out with you anyway. You want to punch each other in the mouth the second someone says, “Let’s go to the gym.” No matter what, you go and do the elliptical for 45 minutes because the thought of wearing a bikini in two weeks fills you with dread.

4. The balance on your debit card seems to be dropping exponentially.

Say goodbye to Thursday night happy hour; you need that 30 dollars to pay for your snorkeling trip! Although it sucks watching your money fly out of your hand, you are able to stay calm by thinking of the irreplaceable memories you are about to make together.

5. You’re buying a new bathing suit anyway.

Despite your lack of cash, you all know that new bathing suits are an essential to take away for spring break. You are sitting on your beds for hours going through pages and pages of bikinis trying to pick the perfect one. You’re honest with your opinions and save each other from buying that super strappy top that has “bad tan lines” written all over it.

6. You can’t stop looking at pictures of where you will be spending the week.

It is becoming impossible to pay attention in class because all you want to do is go on your resort’s website and look at the smiling faces of people, mid-stride, running down the beach. You are sending these Baywatch-esque pictures to your group message with something like “OMG. This will be us!”

7. Every other sentence that comes out of your mouth is “I am so excited.”

Your other friends are annoyed with all of you for never shutting up about your spring break plans, but you just cannot stop. You are staying up until 3 in the morning on a regular basis talking about all the things you need to see, do, and eat while on vacation. Spring break is only two weeks away for goodness sake; it is about time to be excited! 14 days until you are lying in a hammock drinking as many margaritas as your little hearts desire (or your bodies can handle).

The day will come where you have to wake up at some ungodly hour to catch your flight, and although you’re not morning people, this won’t be a problem at all. All of your plans will come together and start to unfold before your eyes. You will have become those smiling people running down the beach and you will be thanking each other for forcing one another to go to the gym. Out will be the excruciating days of salad eating and in will be the days of endless amounts of tacos, tanning and unforgettable memories with your best friends.