7 scary movies You HAVE to watch this summer on netflix if you're bored aF

7 scary movies You HAVE to watch this summer on netflix if you're bored aF

Bored and can't find a good movie to watch? Keep reading!

59

Hot summer nights push people to want to stay inside in the cold air conditioning, pop some popcorn and watch Netflix. Then comes along the lingering question of, "What will I watch?"

If you're in the mood for a thriller, horror or just plain creepy movie, here are of the best movies for you!

1. "The Decent"

A group of close female friends on a yearly adventure vacation find themselves trapped and hunted in a series of caves by an unknown force that lurks in the shadows. After suffering a devastating car crash one year before, Sarah (Shauna Macdonald) is lured to the States with her friend Beth (Alex Reid) to a special spelunking trip by the fearless Juno (Natalie Mendoza), who abruptly fled from the U.K. after Sarah's accident. Along with two old friends and a new acquaintance of Juno's, the group embarks on a cave expedition that takes a turn for the worse after a rock fall leaves them stranded in an uncharted cave with no map and only a handful of supplies to last them the rest of the trip. As tensions arise in the group, they are faced with another danger...

2. "The Babadook"

Six years after the violent death of her husband, Amelia (Essie Davis) is at a loss. She struggles to discipline her out of control 6-year-old son, Samuel (Noah Wiseman), a son she finds impossible to love.

Samuel's dreams are plagued by a monster he believes is coming to kill them both. When a disturbing storybook called "The Babadook" turns up at their house, Samuel is convinced that the Babadook is the creature he's been dreaming about.

His hallucinations spiral out of control, and he becomes more unpredictable and violent. Amelia, genuinely frightened by her son's behaviour, is forced to medicate him. But when Amelia begins to see glimpses of a sinister presence all around her, it slowly dawns on her that the thing Samuel has been warning her about may be real...

3. "The Ritual"

Four friends with a long-standing--but strained---connection take a hiking trip into the Swedish wilderness... a trip from which they may never return.

4. "The Conjuring"

Before there was an Amityville horror, there was Harrisville.

"The Conjuring" tells the true story of Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga), world-renowned paranormal investigators, who were called to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in a secluded farmhouse. Forced to confront a powerful demonic entity, the Warrens find themselves caught in the most horrifying case of their lives.

5. "Oculus"

Ten years ago, tragedy struck the Russell family, leaving the lives of teenage siblings Tim and Kaylie forever changed when Tim was convicted of the brutal murder of their parents.

Now in his twenties, Tim is newly released from protective custody and only wants to move on with his life; but Kaylie, still haunted by that fateful night, is convinced her parents' deaths were caused by something else altogether: an evil supernatural force unleashed through the Lasser Glass, an antique mirror in their childhood home.

Determined to prove Tim's innocence, Kaylie tracks down the mirror, only to learn similar deaths have befallen previous owners over the past century. With the mysterious entity now back in their hands, Tim and Kaylie soon find their hold on reality shattered by terrifying hallucinations, and realize, too late, that their childhood nightmare is beginning again...

6. "Would You Rather"

In the wake of her parent's death, Iris (Brittany Snow) struggles to make ends meet while caring for her terminally ill younger brother. Shepard Lambrick (Jeffrey Combs), a seemingly philanthropic man, expresses an interest in helping them. When he invites her to an exclusive dinner party, she accepts.

Also attending the dinner party are seven more desperate individuals. They soon find themselves trapped in Lambrick's mansion and forced to play a sadistic game of Would You Rather, where the winner will be awarded untold amounts of money.

As the game progresses, the dilemmas Iris and the other players face grow increasingly deadly.

7. "American Poltergeist"

When several friends travel to a vacation home in Massachusetts, they are unaware that the house is haunted by a deadly poltergeist.