7 Rules for Action Movie Heroes

7 Rules for Action Movie Heroes

Things to know if they want to survive

378
7 Rules for Action Movie Heroes
media.lrytas.It

Everyone likes to think that scary movie characters are stupid, but action characters can be too. I’m always screaming at my favorite action character because they just got themselves killed. I always think to myself, if they could hear me, what exactly would I say?

Could I save their lives?

Once I was done mourning, I thought of some advice that I would want to give to an action character. Maybe if they follow the upcoming rules, they can make it to the end of the movie or the season.

1. Don't reveal any plans to the villain

There is a lot of power in the element of surprise. I never understood why heroes would openly admit that they are going to take down the villain especially if the villain was on their good side. Now, it’ll make their goal or mission harder to achieve. Even if they have an open feud against the villain, it’s best to be sneaky. Ex: The Outsiders

2. Return what is stolen(try to anyway)

Taking a key/photo from a villain may get the hero far, but if the villain trusts them and realizes it is missing, then it breaks the trusts. They should try to cover their tracks if possible. If they can’t, then they better be ready for the consequences. Ex: Gotham

3. Don't get Cocky

There is no need to completely underestimate the opponent. In a fight, staying focused is the best strategy, there will be plenty of time to gloat later. Celebrating too much will give the villain the upper hand. They should try their best to let their emotions drive them to carry out the defeat, rather than causing them to hesitate. Ex: Just ask Oberyn from Game of Thrones

4. When meeting someone new or a distant friend, don't give them too much info

When on a mission, spies could be lurking in any corner. If there is some distant friend or someone new in town, it’s best not to tell them too much. They could be working for the enemy. Most of the time the hero knows when a person can’t be trusted since they see signs that scream “suspicousss.” But, it’s not fully acknowledged until they actually get betrayed and that’s when they say... “I knew it!”

5. Stall when necessary

Villains love to talk about their plans or telling their backstory in a climactic moment. So, when the hero is captured, keeping the villain talking could give them enough time to be rescued or to find a way out.

6. When holding a weapon, don't stall!

If the hero ever finds themselves in the position of power, like the villain, they have the tendency to make a whole speech. It’s one thing if the hero is new to killing then the hesitation makes sense, but if their someone like Jason Bourne then they need to say the damn catch phrase and got on with the job.

7. Don't get lost in denial

There’s a movie called Battle Royale that came out in the year 2000. In that movie, the heroes were put in a situation where they had to follow rules in order to survive. Some of them didn’t believe in the game, so they died in the very beginning simply because their denial caused them to break a rule. So, I guess it can be said that no matter how ludicrous a situation may be, heroes need to play along and understand that they are not in control…yet.