7 Things To Do With Your Roommates

7 Things To Do With Your Roommates

It's easier to be roommates if you're friends, so bond with your roommates!

8
7 Things To Do  With Your Roommates
Brittany McGowan

With my first semester almost over, I think, by now, I've gotten this whole college thing down. I've made some great friends, and I'm lucky enough that some of those friends are my roommates. We get along great and we've done a lot together. With the holiday season coming up, especially, here are some things to do with your roommates:

1. Have a "show".

Source: YouTube

Find a show you all want to get emotionally invested in, and get together once a week to watch the next episode. My roommates and I have gone through our fair share of shows from "Toddlers and Tiaras" to "Chopped" to "This is Us to The Crown". It's not only a great way to spend time with your roommates, but it's a great way to relax and get your mind off of everything.

2. Go to a show.

Source: Wikimedia Commons

Whether it's an on-campus production, localtheatre, Broadway, or even just a movie, go out and see something. Bond over the story.

3. Go shopping.

Source: CBS

Take the campus shuttle to your local mall or shopping center and just go at it. Buy things both for the dorm and for yourselves.

4. Go into the city.

Source: TripAdvisor

I'm lucky to be just a train ride away from New York City, so it's great to go in and spend an entire day in the concrete jungle. Take cheesy photos, visit landmarks, get souvenirs, and just make memories.

5. Have a movie marathon.

Source: PotterTalk

Two words: "Harry Potter". Thanks to Freeform (formerly ABC Family), "Harry Potter" Weekends are right at the touch of a button. Or, if you have the movies yourself, make your own HPW without the commercials.

6. Decorate the room.

Source: The Odyssey

With the holidays coming up, there's no better way to bond than putting up a fake 6-foot tree from Target in your room. It's easier when you live in a suite, but there's always ways to be festive and seasonal while blasting Christmas music.

7. Play games.

Source: Go Media

Cards Against Humanity. Video Games. Monopoly, for all I care. Sure, this can also be a great way to ruin friendships (*cough* Rainbow Road *cough*), but it's a fun way to get together and unwind, make some snacks, and have a good time.

The greatest thing about living in a suite is definitely having the extra space for movie nights and games. We almost always have the door open, too, so we have tons of friends on our floor. I couldn't be luckier with my roommates because I know people who got stuck in the worst situations possible. We all get along great. My roommates are my friends and some of the greatest people I know at college. I wouldn't change it for anything. I highly suggest spending some time bonding with your roommates because being friends with them makes everything so much better.