7 Reasons Why October Is The Best Month Ever

Spoiler Alert: Columbus Day didn't make the list.

11

1.    Halloween 

From carving pumpkins to binge-watching ABC Family’s 13 Days of Halloween with your roomies, we all know the best part of October is Halloween! And thank God there will be multiple dress-up nights because deciding on just one costume is WAY too hard.  A lot of effort goes into these costumes whether you are doing a group theme or rockin’ a solo costume, so take lots of pics! 

2.     Treats 

Finally, pumpkin flavored everything! October means cuddling up on the couch with some apple cider and noshin’ on some pumpkin spice cookies with that yummy cream cheese frosting. Don’t forget about those to-die-for Honey Crisp apples that taste even better when dipped in some hot caramel. 

3.     Sweater Weather 

September is still 80 degrees and crop-top acceptable, but now that October is upon us it's time to break out those cozy knits. Nothing is cuter than an oversized sweater, jeans and a killer pair of boots. The weather may be chilly but you’re lookin’ HOT.

4.     Dads Weekend

Daddy/Daughter time for an entire weekend? What more could you want? He’ll buy you (and all your friends) drinks and fend off any creepy boys that are lurking around the bars. This is our chance to prove to our dads that paying Greek dues is worth every penny! 

5.     Homecoming 

Get ready, your older siblings are back and ready to take on Ox Vegas again. They’ve been gone for far too long and are thirstier than ever for a Trash Can. They’ll prove to you that being a Red Hawk isn’t just for four years, it’s for life. 

6.     TV Shows 

Its official! All of your favorite shows are back and better than ever. From New Girl to Scandal to Saturday Night Live, it's time to kick back with a pippin’ hot fall drink and relax after a day of boring classes and stressful schoolwork. 

7.     Leaves

There is nothing better than strolling through campus and admiring those beautiful fall colors on the trees. That crisp fall smell and satisfying crunch beneath your feet as you walk through campus makes your walk to class a little more enjoyable. Get your phone ready, because that Autumn scenery is definitely Instagram worthy!