7 Reasons Harry Potter Books Are Basically Horcruxes That Will Live On Forever

7 reasons for 7 Horcruxes.

164
YouTube

Harry Potter is a worldwide sensation. The books and the movies combined make it arguably the best series in the world. Here are just seven reasons why I believe it is the supreme series.

1. You get hooked immediately

The very first book starts off with the chapter "The Boy Who Lived." It makes you think: Who is the boy? What did he live through? What's happening? Before you know it, you're unable to put the book down and start yelling spells at everyone.

2. It's realistic

Now, I know what you're thinking. It's fantasy, how on earth is it realistic? It's realistic in the sense that Harry's life is not perfect—he's not some overly lucky character. He's suffered in his life. Of course, life turns out being alright for Harry in the end. It's a perfect demonstration of realistic struggles, yet the end shows that through all these struggles, he makes it. (Inspiring!)

3. It consists of a huge fantasy world

You have to give J.K. Rowling props on this—there are plenty of book series out there that have fantasy worlds, but this world is different. There are so many elements to the wizarding world. For instance, there's Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, the Ministry of Magic, Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and so many more. It's such an intriguing world that it has not one, but two theme parks named after it.

4. It's not centered around love

While there are couples in the series, Harry Potter is not avidly trying to win a girl over. We all know he loves Ginny (spoiler alert), but the series' main focus is on Harry's struggle in the wizarding world because of Voldemort. There's certainly nothing wrong with love, but it is very rare to come across a series that isn't centered around just two people's relationship. (Especially when it's a series this known.)

5. The actors are amazing

When it comes to the movies, we have to give the actors credit. They pulled it off really well. They all gave a believable performance, and I couldn't have pictured them any other way. Everyone who worked on the movies deserves major props as well.

6. Every character is three-dimensional

Every character in this series has some sort of depth to them. None of them are flat characters, and every one is in the story for a reason. Some authors add characters without going into detail about them, but J.K. Rowling makes sure that every character has something to be remembered for. Have I mentioned how incredibly talented she is?

7. Magic

This is the overarching reason as to why Harry Potter is the best. Magic is amazing. Whether it exists or not in the real world, I'll leave that up to you to decide.