7 Reasons Why Fall Is The Best Season

7 Reasons Why Fall Is The Best Season

Other seasons simply do not compare

5
7 Reasons Why Fall Is The Best Season

Growing up in southern Louisiana, fall wasn't all that existent. Our main seasons consist of summer and a slightly cooler spring, so I wasn't able to experience an actual fall season until I moved 4 hours north for college. My first autumn in college was new and exciting, and this year I was giddy at the thought of its return. So, here's a list of reasons why it's my favorite season.

1. Weather

As I mentioned before, New Orleans is warm/hot about 9 months out of the year. That sweet spot of temperature between 50-70 is just right for me, and I love waking up to a cool breeze and bright sun. The first day that the temperature dropped below 70, I quite literally jumped for joy as I walked out of my building to class.

2. Clothing

There is nothing I love more in this world than leggings and a big sweatshirt. I genuinely await the day where I can put away my nike shorts and wear a pair of comfortable leggings to class. I also love sweaters, long sleeve tops, and fuzzy socks.

3. Holidays

Although Halloween and Thanksgiving are not my number one holidays, they're definitely in my top five. Halloween is always full of parties and fun when you're older, and thanksgiving is just a great time to spend with family and eat killer food. Also, fall means Christmas is approaching, and I adore Christmas.

4. Trees

I'm easily impressed by natural scenery. No matter how many sunsets I see, I still feel the need to sit and watch them or take a picture. The changing colors of the trees, though, might be one of my favorite things to admire. Walking through campus and seeing an assortment of red, green, orange, and green leaves strewn everywhere is a site I truly cherish.

5. Food

From warm soup and pumpkin pie to to sweet potatoes and pillsbury cookies, fall comfort food is excellent. The idea of reading a good book in a park with a cup of hot chocolate is truly unmatched

6. Sports

Even before I got to college, I loved fall sports. Attending school volleyball games, swim meets, cross country races, and Friday night football games was always a highlight of that first semester. Now that I'm in college at an SEC school, football season has a whole new meaning. It means tailgates, homecoming, parties, and overall a sense of pride and community.

7. New Beginnings

Fall has always felt like a season full of memories and change. Although we technically begin school at the end of summer, I've always associated fall with starting a new school year, learning new things, making memories with friends and family, and just enjoying the calm energy that fall radiates.