7 Reasons Why Cats Are Better

7 Reasons Why Cats Are Better

Before all of the dog lovers throw something at me, just hear me out.

43
7 Reasons Why Cats Are Better
Purrtacular.com

I was raised with 3 dogs running around the house my whole life. It didn't make sense for me to like cats because the only ones I had ever encountered were terrible and hurt me. Now that I have grown up and met some amazing cats, I am forever changed. Just because I am a cat person doesn't mean that I hate dogs, it just means I prefer to have a cat over a dog.

1. They understand me.

I am a strong introvert and so are cats, so there is that. There are times where I don't want to play fetch or constantly pet an animal's tummy, and cats know when that is for me.

2. They are completely chill (sometimes).

Cats really know how to calm down and just relax. They will approach me and let me pet them, and then they just lay beside me and fall asleep. It's truly amazing how relaxed a cat can get.

3. They're so cute.

That thing they do with their paws on a blanket is the cutest thing I've ever seen. And when you pet a cat and they lean their head into your hand. my personal favorite is when a cat's pupil goes completely dark; it makes them look like Puss from Shrek.

4. They don't like everyone.

When I know that I am one of probably 4 people a cat likes, I feel amazing. Dogs enjoy being around everyone, there are no favorites for them. When you can get a strong connection with a cat and gain their trust, it means the world.

5. They can take care of themselves if they have to.

Cats are the most independent household pets I can think of. They only need food, water, and a lot of love (and a bunch of toys). The fact that a cat is more independent than me makes me what to work harder to rely on myself more. I believe, in a weird way, that cats can be role models (again, in a very weird way).

6. Other cat lovers have strong connections.

When you meet another cat lover, it's like a deeper connection is formed. It's hard to find a cat lover because A LOT of people hate cats. I have found that cat lovers are extremely nice and accepting of anybody, even cat haters. I have also found that many cat lovers also love dogs, while many dog lovers HATE cats with no exceptions. I'm not saying that ALL dog lovers hate cats, just some.

7. Something I can't explain.

There's something I love about cats that I cannot put into words. Cats somewhat remind me of humans because they have other emotions besides happy. I feel like cats understand humans just as well as we understand them. Every cat owner out there will know what I'm talking about when I say that even though cats bite and scratch for no reason, I love them and want more in the future.