7 Reasons To Become A Teacher

7 Reasons To Become A Teacher

There's more to it than weekends and summers off.

553
7 Reasons To Become A Teacher

"Oh you get weekends off.. and holidays?"

When you're sitting in your 7th grade math class, almost failing, it starts to hit you. When your teaching finds that groove and helps you turn your grade around completely. That is the moment that you really know what you want to do in life.

Teachers don't always have a good reputation these days. There are many things going on with the education system that are discouraging others from wanting to be teachers. But, there is more to that... there is more than weekends and summers off.

Teaching...

1. Gives you the chance to encourage children.

Encourage them to not only do well is school, but to succeed in life as well. As I sat in that math class, all I needed was encouragement. I needed someone to tell me I would eventually understand it.

2. Leaves a positive impact.

Even if it is just one student that you impact positively, it makes a difference. All it takes is just one student to say you changed their life. Some kids do not have a good family life and depend on certain teachers to look up to.

3. To experience growth.

It truly is amazing to see someone grow over the course of the school year. Walking into the classroom on the first day of school can be hard for many. How they grow over that year is amazing to see first hand, knowing that you had something to do with that.

4. To pay it forward.

You have been through school for sooo many years, it's only right to try and give back. Give students the same opportunity to learn that you had. Be that teacher that everyone looks up to.

5. To help the disabled.

This is a major factor on my reasoning for becoming a teacher. Those with disabilities are not always understood. It takes extra time and patience to work with these students, that some teachers do not know how to do. They deserve a good education just like any other student.

6. For the love of children.

I have heard many times, "If you love kids become a parent not a teacher." Yes, I will be a parent one day, but for now I want to be a teacher. Kids are different when they aren't your own. Working with kids everyday brings happiness into my life just by being around them.

7. To be creative.

The school systems are lacking more creativity year after year, which is negatively affecting the students. The students don't know how to think out of the box, they aren't being creative enough because they are told it is wrong.

These are just a few of my reasons why I want to become a teacher. Not everyone will have the same reasons, but they will all succeed. Teachers are a huge aspect in a students life and they need ones who will be there to support them!