7 Reasons Dr. Pepper Is The GOAT Of Sodas

23 flavors of goodness.
659

Hold up. The Doctor is in—Dr. Pepper that is. The end to the Coke vs. Pepsi controversy is over because Dr. Pepper knocks their one-dimensional flavors to the curb.

1.Not technically a cola

Technically, Dr. Pepper is not a cola because it is a blend of different flavors and not solely “cola”. Even though it is a dark pop, it is different, yo.

2.Can be found where both Pepsi and Coke products are

Dr. Pepper is a company separate from Coke and Pepsi and since it’s not a cola, franchises can use Dr. Pepper alongside either cola. 23 flavors of love Dr. Pepper is made with 23 flavors ranging from Apricot to prickly ash to cherry licorice. I don’t know who decided that nutmeg and pepper belong in a drink, but nothing but love for all 23.

3. Middle ground for caffeine levels

While Pepsi has 115 mg of caffeine and cola has roughly 70 mg, Dr. Pepper has a whopping 41 mg. But, this is a good thing because it can be a good night soft drink because it has lower caffeine but not completely caffeine free

4. Has the perfect amount of sweetness

Pepsi: not sweet enough

Coke: wayyyyy too sweet

Dr. Pepper: perfect sweetness

5. Good mixer for alcohol (for those who are 21+ of course!)

It is the perfect soft drink to mix with different types of alcohol because it has so many different flavors. Dr. Pepper and Captain. Dr. Pepper and Crown. Dr. Pepper and Barton’s (to mask the nail polish remover taste of the vodka).

6. Diet is just as good as the original if not better

Personally, I love Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper because I’m a diva, but seriously diet is delish. You can @ me that diet isn’t good for you and blah blah blah, but if diet is your ish then Diet Dr. Pepper is your best option.

7. The underdog of pop

This drink may be underrated but for where it lacks in popularity, it makes up in taste and quality. Don’t question the power of a cold Dr. Pepper.