7 Things People Who Always Arrive Early Can Relate To

On time is late. Early is on time.

466
Huffington Post

There are three types of people in this world: those who arrive early to everything, those who arrive right on time and those who can’t help but be late no matter how hard they try. I am one of the first people, and just like those who are always late, I can’t help but be early. I may or may not have an actual fear of being late. As someone who’s programmed to be early to all events, gatherings and social functions, here are seven points other early arrivers can relate to:

1. You figure out and go over what time to arrive multiple times, accounting for all variables.

OK, so if I need to be there at…and it takes me this long to get ready, then I should wake up at…but what if this happens…and how long will it take to get there…

2. You plan to be there at least 15 minutes early.

On time is late. Early is on time.

3. But usually overestimate how long it will actually take to arrive.

I could know that it will take me exactly 10 minutes to walk somewhere, and I'll still leave 12 minutes beforehand. What if something unexpected occurs? What if I walk a 10th of a second slower than usual today?

4. This leads to always being one of the first people there.

Thank goodness for cell phones. At least I have something to do while I awkwardly stand here and wait for other people to show up.

5. You will do whatever it takes to be on time.

Oh, don’t mind me, speed walking like it’s an Olympic sport. Or like my life depends on it. Because to me, it feels like it does.

6. The feeling of panic when others are slowing you down.

What follows is either having a debate with yourself as to whether or not you should just leave the group behind or staying put as you take deep breaths and tell yourself everything will be fine.

7. The feeling of happiness when you find a kindred spirit.

Having someone who understands makes the whole travelling process a lot easier.