7 Shows Your Parents Watched And You Should Too
Television Streaming

7 Shows Your Parents Watched That You'll Love, Too

They may be old but they sure are brilliant.

20

Sometimes after countless binges you come to the realization that you've run out of content to watch. But have you really? Or are you just ruling things out because they aren't your style? Or perhaps they're too old for your taste?

I personally have spent a lot of time watching Netflix but steering clear of shows that are older than I am or anything that my parents or even grandmother watched regularly. I guess a part of me thinks that maybe the shows are dated and that I won't be able to relate.

So last week when I finished the bingeing "The Good Place," I decided to add somethings to "My Stuff" on Hulu. To my own surprise, I was being a little risky in my selections... I was actually throwing in some oldies! Once I started to watch I realized I had been missing out for so long.

So without further ado, here are seven shows your parents watched and you should totally watch too!

1. "The Golden Girls"

Nothing is funnier than watching these ladies bicker and talk nonsense. If you like comedy and have a shameless appreciation of Betty White... then you're welcome!

(You can watch "The Gold Girls" on Hulu!)

2. "Cheers"

CBS

"Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name." And for those of you who have a bar like that of your own, just might like this one all the more. What's so cool about this one, is that after you're done watching you can actually go to Cheers in Boston where you'll feel like you're right in the heart of your favorite episodes!

(You can watch "Cheers" on Netflix and Hulu.)

3. "The Twilight Zone"

CBS

If you've finished "Black Mirror" and are looking to fill the void, check out this classic. After watching it, "Tower of Terror" in Universal Studios just might become your favorite ride.

(You can watch "The Twilight Zone" on Netflix and Hulu.)

4. "The Beverley Hillbillies"

CBS

Talk about an interesting crew! This one is definitely an acquired taste but who knows until you try!

(You can watch "The Beverly Hillbillies" on Hulu.)

5. "The Brady Bunch"

"Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" If you've never seen this one, it's a must see about a blended family who will never fail to make you laugh!

(You can watch "The Brady Bunch" on Hulu.)

6. "The Addams Family"

ABC

*Snap, snap.* This creepy crew with a catchy theme song served as inspiration for Joe Jonas' AMAZING 2018 Halloween look. But seriously... you gotta just watch it! When you run out of episodes you can even watch the ever classic "Addams Family Values."

(You can watch "The Addams Family" on Hulu."

7. "I Love Lucy"

CBS

Don't lie... you've said it at least once, "Lucy, I'm home!" See where that iconic phrase all started.

(You can watch "I Love Lucy" on Hulu)