7 Moments When Hugs Say More Than Words

7 Moments When Hugs Say More Than Words

There are occasions when hugs are more effective than words

878
7 Moments When Hugs Say More Than Words
Annie Spratt

There is an old saying, "think before you speak," and that is because words are powerful, they can heal or hurt. But language isn't just words, humans (and animals) communicate through body language, which has an especial way of conveying emotions. I discovered that when you love someone so deeply more than telling him or her that you love her or him, you just need to hug them with that love. Also in difficult situations, in sorrow, or pain, you won't feel comfortable by saying "I'm sorry, I'm here for you," although that seems right, there is something missing too. You will help them cope with suffering with a long and candor hug. Here are seven situations when hugs are more effective than words.

1. To Celebrate

Whether your best friend is having a baby, or it's your mom's birthday, or your sibling or partner achieved a promotion in their jobs, you will have an explosion of emotions. Pride, happiness, hope, and always love. And sure you can go out and celebrate with a party or a fancy dinner, but before doing all that, a solid hug can make their celebration even better, because they have someone who shares the same joy and who also knows everything behind that achievement or event.

2. To Apologize

To proud to say sorry? Still you know you could have react in a different way that could have helped to resolved the problem in a more pacific way. We all hate the tension created after a fight. To overcome the tension and clear the atmosphere for dialogue, the best thing to do is to give an honest hug. With that you are saying that you are sorry, and you love that person. Things will be much easier after that.

3. In Funerals

Funerals are always hard, and it is even harder to find the right words to say. Well you don't need it. There is no need for words unless the person asks for them, but most of the times they are internal process, and the external world seems different. You hug them, make them know you will be there, and that you share their pain and anger.

4. In Farewells

Leaving family and friends? It doesn't matter if you are living for a good cause, for a job, or for a internship. People who care about you are proud but also they are trying not to cry for your absence; you're an important part of their lives after all. So be gentle and give them a hug, you are going to miss those arms around you!

5. In Diseases

There some types of diseases like cancer that can destroy lives, not only for the one with it but also for their family, partner, and friends. I have lost many people because of this disease, but I have no idea how it feels to hear the words "I'm sorry but you have (named a disease)"... it sucks for sure, and in terminal diseases you can't do nothing to save them, and they know it. But be there, be present, give one of those hugs that can convey safeness in a way that the other person won't be alone through the whole process.

6. In Accidents

Car accident, natural disaster, burns, cuts... and the list can go on, we all have been through one of those situations, and there is a point when you feel that your world is falling down. In the middle of that madness the healer is the one who gives you a hug. There is no need to also go crazy for the accident, or to get angry with the other pesaron for not being cautious. The only thing they need in that moment is a hug, so they can feel that everything will be okay.

7. To Surprise Someone You Love

I love you. Three strong words, but not enough if you repeat them constantly. To you family, friends, and partner will be a surprise if one day you just visit them and walk directly to them and gives them a gentle and long hug. Hear their hurt beat, their breath. Connect with them. They will feel loved, but also surprised for having such a display of affection.

So you know what to do now! Be a: