7 Lit Restaurants On The MA South Shore

7 Lit Restaurants On The MA South Shore

Ditch the takeout and eat some semi-real food.

144
7 Lit Restaurants On The MA South Shore

If you ever find yourself on the South Shore of Massachusetts, here are a few restaurants you should check out (in no particular order):

1. Sombrero's

My wife and I recently came back from Cancun only to find ourselves longing to go back. Coming across this restaurant a week later definitely helped ease the pain. The atmosphere and food are borderline authentic; this is no Taco Bell (..nor is it fast food). Stiff margaritas and a plethora of delicious Mexican dishes will have you ready to bust out the maracas and sombreros in no time. The only thing missing is the mariachi band.

Atmosphere: Mexican

Location: South Weymouth, MA

Website: https://www.sombrerosmexican.net/

2. Not Your Average Joe's (Norwell)

Not Your Average Joe's is not your average chain restaurant. They're always switching up the menu with new swanky dishes. The bread is super good to start, served generously along side olive oil with parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper. The chicken enchiladas and the Caribbean buffalo tenders are my go-to. Throw in a pitcher of watermelon margaritas and it's a done deal. Other than MA, you can find Not Your Average Joe's in Maryland, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Virginia.

Atmosphere: Swanky

Location: Norwell, MA

Website: https://www.notyouraveragejoes.com/locations/massa...

3. 42° North

Looking for some excellent fine dining without burning a monstrous hole in your pocket? (Although you still could if you wanted to) this is the place for you. Top of the line seafood, a beautiful dining room, and a welcoming bar- if you're trying to impress someone, this is the place you want to go.

Atmosphere: Casual Fine-Dining

Location: Plymouth, MA

Website: http://www.42degreesnorthrestaurant.com/

4. East Bay Grille

Also located in Plymouth, East Bay Grille is a step up from 42° North on the fancy-scale. While I'm not sure if it's enforced, there is a dress code on the website. So if you do decide to go there, make sure you check that first. The few times my wife and I have been there we were celebrating, so we were already dressed the part. Set on Plymouth's historic waterfront, the atmosphere is invigorating- inside and out. Plymouth Rock is right down the street (literally take a left out the the parking lot and drive for two minutes), along with the rest of Plymouth Memorial State Park.

Atmosphere: Business Casual

Location: Plymouth, MA

Website: http://eastbaygrille.com/

5. Lobster Hut

Feeling a little groggy? Got the munchies? If you're not up for dressing to the nines but still want that beautiful Plymouth waterfront atmosphere, exit Easy Bay Grille immediately, walk like 50 yards southeast of the building and you'll end up at the Lobster Hut. This quaint little shack serves up super good fried seafood for a reasonable price and offers outdoor seating closer to the harbor than East Bay Grille. Just beware- don't feed the birds (we do anyway).

Atmosphere: Casual/Seafood

Location: Plymouth, MA

Website: http://www.lobsterhutplymouth.com/

6. The Fours (Norwell)

My sister introduced me to this place a few weeks ago. It's a sports bar on the higher-end and I love it. If you want to catch the game out over a few brews with some good friends, or if you just want a bomb burger, check this place out. We had a great time and I'll definitely be going back soon. They also have locations in Boston and Quincy.

Atmosphere: Upscale Sports Bar

Location: Norwell, MA

Website: http://www.thefours.com/

7. Cask 'N Flagon

The sister-site of the historic Fenway Park Cask 'N Flagon (Fenway Pahk if you're from the Boston area) this place is no joke. Located in Marshfield, I was here for the majority of the 2013 World Series and the place was BUMPIN' every game night. I've been to actual sporting events that couldn't match the liveliness of the restaurant, literally. So if you're looking to hang with a rowdier crew than you would find at The Fours, if you want to scream at 135 High Definition TVs and feel perfectly normal about it, my friend, this is the place for you. Try the BBQ tenders or a massive plate of nachos with copious amounts of cheese. You'll thank me later.

Atmosphere: Sports Bar

Location: Marshfield, MA

Website: http://casknflagon.com/locations/marshfield/