7 Keys to a Good Relationship

7 Keys to a Good Relationship

Do It Anyways

10
7 Keys to a Good Relationship

So many times in the world today we as girls are told how to run our relationships. First of all, I just want to tell you that your relationship is different from your parents, your best friend’s, or even your previous one. Do not let people tell you what is “normal” and what isn’t. Today we are told not to act a certain way, or to treat our guys a certain way, or to say things until a certain time, but honestly I think you should do it anyway.

• Don’t let people define your timeline. Only you and your boyfriend/girlfriend know what’s best for you and your future together. Don’t you dare let anyone tell you that “it’s too soon.” Some of the best relationships have come from the weirdest of situations.
  • Ladies, it’s ok to pay occasionally! Now I’m not saying that girls should ALWAYS pay, or guys should ALWAYS pay. I am saying that it’s ok to go halfsies, or for a girl to go pick up pizza for her guy and watch him play video games all night occasionally, trust me.
  • Don’t you dare be afraid to say “I love you.” I get it, we’ve all been hurt and we all have our fears, but say it loud and proud. Shout it to the world. Again don’t let a timeline define when it’s okay to say those three words. When you know, you know.
  • Don’t ever go to bed angry. You will never know when your last day will be. If you have an argument or a fight, make up before you go to bed. Your next day is a privilege and you should treasure your significant other each second.
  • Do the small things. I read an article the other day that said, “don’t treat him like your husband.” While I see the positive I also see the negative, it’s okay to surprise him by cleaning up his room, or doing his laundry, or making him supper. Especially if he’s worked all day, ladies your boy deserves to be treated like a king if you want to be treated like a queen.
  • Always be honest. I cannot stress this enough. Honesty is the best policy. Always talk through your problems. Fix what is salvageable, let go of what isn’t.
  • Hold each other accountable. A relationship is only as good as the leader of it. “A cord of three strands is not easily broken.” Worship together. Pray together. Push each other closer to God each day.