5 Items You Need To Put In Your Charcuterie Board

When the world is on lockdown, what better way to stay busy in your homes other than to make an instagram worthy charcuterie board for your friends and family! There are tons of unique ways to spice up your board with something unconventional, yet tasty.

Go to the market and buy these five items for a delicious board to pair with a bottle of wine.

103
Unique Charcuterie Board
Photo by: Sheila Mccormack

1. Popcorn

Deer eating popcorn

Deer Popcorn GIF

media.giphy.com

This classic movie night snack is a great way to bring comfort food to your board for those that are not huge fans of dairy or don't want to fill up on crackers.

2. Greek Yogurt and Honey

Cat eating yogurt

Monster Yogurt GIF

media.giphy.com

Greek yogurt and honey is an exciting way to add a sweet taste and new texture into your board.

3. French Onion Dip

Onion walking

Mathilde junior GIF

media.giphy.com

This is definitely not your typical side sauce, but is surprisingly one of the tastiest dips for a cracker and cheese mix.

4. Cheesecake

Dog eating cake

Dogs omg GIF

media.giphy.com

Cheesecake is definitely one of the best ideas I have had for a charcuterie board. It pairs well with cheese and crackers if you are in need of something a bit sweeter. Not to mention, a sliver of cheesecake always makes a board seem fancier.

5. Chocolate covered espresso beans

Coffee beans being poured

Coffee Beans GIF

media.giphy.com

This fun little add on to my charcuterie boards compliment the salty flavors of a classic cracker and dip so well and naturally. Being the huge chocolate lover that I am, I always keep these dark chocolate covered treats in the house at all times.

Use this quarantine time to get creative with friends and build something delicious on your days off of work! These are just a few of my favorite unorthodox board items, but there are thousands of ways to bring variety to your platter!