7 Empowering Lyrics For Women From Keith Urban's "Female"

A beautifully written song by Shane McAnally for every woman in your life.

92
Youtube

It’s no lie when I say that the first time I heard Keith Urban’s “Female”, it brought tears to my eyes. But now, I’m just plain obsessed. This song speaks out for the women of the world and the respect they deserve. Some describe it as a perfect response to sexism, or the anthem we’ve all been waiting for.

So, I thought I would pull a few powerful lyrics from this beautifully written song, and maybe it will inspire you to go take a listen (if you haven’t already).

1. “When you hear somebody say somebody hits like a girl, how does that hit you? Is that such a bad thing?”

2. “She’s the heart of life. She’s the dreamer’s dream. She’s the hands of time. She’s the queen of kings.”

3. “Mother nature, fire, suit of armor, soul survivor, holy water”

4. “When somebody laughs and implies that she asked for it, just cause she was wearing a skirt, oh is that how that works?”

5. “Secret keeper, fortune teller, virgin Mary, scarlet letter”

6. “When somebody talks about how it was Adam first, does that make you second best, or did he save the best for last?”

7. “Sister, shoulder, daughter, lover, healer”

Of course, the entire song is great, but these were just a few lyrics that spoke to me.