Easy Holiday Workouts

7 Post-Thanksgiving Workouts That Aren't Too Painful, No Matter How Much Turkey You Ate

The day after Thanksgiving can be pretty rough, but don't let this discourage you from staying healthy and working out!

1613

There is nothing I love more than overeating on Thanksgiving. There are so many different sides and desserts and turkey. I mean, it's irresistible. At the end of the day, I am pretty sure that I have consumed two lunches and five dinners. It's just so good that it's hard to stay away for too long. Sometimes, though, Black Friday can be pretty rough. The craziness of running around at the mall can be miserable if you're still full from the day before. If shopping is miserable, then so is working out. Getting up the next day after Thanksgiving to workout can be a dreadful experience.

Luckily, there are things you can do to help ease yourself back into the swing of things after still feeling full and tired from the festivities of Thanksgiving.

1. Yoga

Yoga is one of my favorite workouts. It is so calming of the mind and body. There are so many benefits mentally and physically that yoga has to offer. Where it is a 30-minute yoga session or an hour-long session, this workout can do wonders after a full day of eating. Popsugar Fitness has a great 30-minute yoga flow video that can help you feel better after a full day of eating.

2. A light jog

Jogging, no matter how long, is a great workout. I love going for a jog outside, especially in the fall. The day after Thanksgiving, a jog may not seem like the best (or most fun) thing to do, but trust me it will make you feel 10 times better. It will clear your mind and help shed a couple of calories from Thanksgiving.

3. Dance while decorating for Christmas

Dancing and decorating for Christmas are two of the best things in the world. Why not combine them for a fun workout? This could be such a simple workout that is fun and an enjoyable day "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree."

4. Cycle

Every time I think of cycling, I picture Amy Schumer in "I Feel Pretty," and fear that I'm going to fall off my bike. But that doesn't stop me from keeping cycling as one of my top favorite workouts. One of my all-time favorite fitness instructors has done a "turkey burn" cycle class the day after Thanksgiving. Her cycle classes are the only ones I really go to because I love them so much, but the day after Thanksgiving, it's exactly what I need in my life. I feel fully ready to go back for seconds, guilt-free.

5. A fun at home workout

A workout in the comfort of your bedroom or living room can be so comfortable. You can even do it in your pajamas if you want. There are some great YouTube videos that you can search to find an easy and quick workout. One of my favorite low impact workout YouTube videos is a Popsugar Fitness 30-minute Low Impact Workout to Torch Calories.

6. Speed walk around the mall while Black Friday shopping

If you're going to be out on this busy day of the year, you might as well make it a challenge. While you're shopping remember to hold in your abs and squeeze those glutes! It sounds simple, but this alone can burn off some of that Thanksgiving meal. Black Friday can be a long day, so if you remember to keep your body controlled, then it can be a great, simple, workout!

7. Kickboxing

Kickboxing relieves so much stress. It's one of my favorite workouts, and it is a full-body workout! This workout can also be done at home with a YouTube video. In fact, there is a 15-Minute Boxing Workout that you can do at home that is made by Popsugar Fitness. I love their YouTube videos because they are simple and fun and make working out at home super easy.