7 Date Ideas for Me, Myself, and I

7 Date Ideas for Me, Myself, and I

Table For One, Please!

92
7 Date Ideas for Me, Myself, and I

"Make yourself a priority once in a while. It's not selfish. It's necessary."

In our present society, we are obsessed with the idea of constantly doing something with someone along our side; however, the act of doing something on your own, such as grabbing dinner at a new pub down the street, is practically taboo. We have lost the understanding of just how important it is to carve out time in our day for quality time with ourselves.

Making yourself a priority, where you are putting in the effort to ensure that you are put at the top of your to-do list each and every day is essential to making self-love a part of your day.

Below are some fun ideas for taking yourself out on dates, whether it's a yummy din-din or a fun little excursion:

1. Hit up your local farmer's market

An inexpensive, tasty trip to your local farmer's market is such an underrated space to go to for a fun little trip on your own. Buy yourself flowers, fresh fruit, or just wander around. You would be amazed at how inexpensive the fresh produce is, and how much you'll thank yourself for stopping by to support your local farms.

There's a local farmer's market down the road from my apartment, and I wander over to the market a few times a month and buy myself a bushel of apples or peaches every week. Flowers aren't my thing, but know that I was able to splurge on some fresh fruits and veggies helps me know that I made an effort for myself.

2. Have your cake AND eat it too

There's no better scent in the world than that of a bakery. When you're baking, even if it's something as easy as break-and-bake cookies, the scent of freshly baked goods linger in the kitchen for hours.

Baking has always been something that I've loved doing by myself. I get to lick the bowl, and eat the leftover cookie dough. I get to have my cake and eat it too.

3. Have a spa day (or evening)

Whether it's looking up some funky homemade masks made out of oats and honey or simply throwing on a sheet mask, making the time to be nice to your skin and relax is such a recharging act.

4. Unplug and crack open that book

We are ruled by our electronic devices. We don't make an effort to unplug nearly as much as we need to. Whether it's for 15 minutes or an entire day, giving yourself that break from technology and the countless apps we are addicted to is a great way to get lost in a book or two.

5. Whip out that apron and make yourself dinner, and maybe even dessert too (nudge, nudge)

If you considered the first tip, you may as well get some fresh produce to make yourself some delicious dinner. Living in a fast-paced life, we don't always take the time to make a good, homemade meal for ourselves. Maybe for some, cooking isn't your thing and you'd prefer to go out to a local bistro, which is totally fine, but the main point is taking the time to eat a delicious meal and to give yourself a great night to recharge.

6. Leashes, wet kisses, four paws- oh my!

Volunteering is something that really allows me to not only recharge but to also shift my perspective. All throughout middle school to college, I always found myself making it a priority to give back my time. It humbled myself and made me realize the true value in everything in life.

Whether it's spending the morning at a local soup kitchen or going to an animal shelter and volunteering to walk the dogs, you'd be happy that you took the time to make it a priority to give your time to help others as well as giving yourself a much-needed check in your perspective of life in general.

7. Break out the fleece because we're having a pajama party!

We've all been there, where we have expressed that all we want to do is binge watch Netflix all weekend. Sometimes dedicating an entire day to making breakfast foods, like french toast, and staying in your comfy pajamas is a great way to spend a day to yourself.

There is absolutely no shame in the PJ game. It should be fully endorsed as a wonderful way to relax by yourself, catch up on some lovely films, and get to know yourself some more.

There are countless ideas that you could do to be able to spend time with yourself, for yourself. Making an effort to carve time out of your day, or even your week, to ensure that you are feeling recharged and are focusing on making yourself a priority is essential to living a balanced life, for you, more than anyone else, deserve your love too.