7 Christmas Movies I'd Rather Be Watching Instead Of Studying For Finals

I'm ready for the semester to be over.

2
ibtimes.co.uk

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. From the three doors covered in festive wrapping paper in my dorm hall to the crisp morning air I wake up to every morning, there’s honestly nothing I want more than to be bundled up at home, drinking hot chocolate with my family.

Unfortunately, finals at Berkeley are hanging over my head; the only obstacles keeping me away from the holiday season are three exams and one paper. So in the midst of my stress and sleepless nights, I’ve decided to put together a list of the Christmas feel-good films that I plan on binge-watching after my last final and first semester of college is over and done with.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

More like “How the Finals Stole Christmas.” Ha. Ha. Ha. Sorry, I make bad jokes when I’m stressed. But in all honesty, this is classic. Would it really be Christmas without this film on my list?

Elf

Another holiday classic, Elf is one of my favorite movies ever. To be honest, I watch this movie all year-round. And even so, I’ll never get tired of this story, and the quirky happiness it carries with it.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Let’s be clear: this movie is NOT about Halloween. Okay, maybe it is a little bit, but it’s just as much a Christmas film as it is a Halloween horror. I think it deserves credit as a holiday film as well.

Love Actually

This movie is a holiday tradition for me, my sister, and my mother. It’s such a cheesy romantic comedy, but, to me, it wouldn’t be Christmas without this movie.

Home Alone

I actually haven’t seen this movie in a while, and I miss it terribly. I miss conspiring with my sister and trying to fit all of Kevin’s traps in our own home.

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Yet another classic that I believe is what makes Christmas. I’ve already changed my phone screen to a quaint little picture of Charlie Brown and Snoopy relaxing by the brightly decorated dog house. And I can’t wait to go ice skating with my friends this winter like they do in the movie!

Miracle on 34th Street

Not going to lie, I did watch this instead of studying over the weekend, but it was totally worth it. And with my faith in humanity restored, I’m ready to kick ass at my finals this coming week.