7 Brilliant Songs Written For Movies

7 Brilliant Songs Written For Movies

These seven pieces written for films will give you chills, I guarantee it.

18
7 Brilliant Songs Written For Movies
YouTube | thales

1. Victory Celebration – John Williams (Return of the Jedi, 1977)

This piece composed by the legendary John Williams actually replaced the original “Ewok Celebration” that plays at the end of Episode 6. I love the mood of this piece and feel it beautifully communicates peace and the end of an amazing trilogy.

2. Epilogue – Justin Hurwitz (La La Land, 2016)

While this tune is really like an overture that compiles the rest of the songs throughout the movie, it’s beautifully compiled, and, coupled with beautiful visuals, it’s easily my favorite song of the film. Justin Hurwitz does an amazing job and easily deserves the Best Score Oscar. My favorite part of this tune is when the chorus bursts in and the trumpets blare in the background.

3. Emperor’s Theme – John Williams (Return of the Jedi, 1977)

"The Emperor’s Theme” effectively communicates the feeling of pure evil, and really fits the setting of the throne room perfectly. This one is so great simply because of its mood.

4. Gandalf’s Fall/Bridge of Khazad-Dum – Howard Shore (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, 2001)

Another piece that beautifully fits the scene, “Gandalf’s Fall” gave me immediate chills when I heard it for the first time. It’s also been featured in the Man of Steel trailers. It could honestly fit any tragic setting of an epic film like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars.

5. Duel of Fates – John Williams (The Phantom Menace, 1999)

In one of the most disappointing movies of all time, one of the few bright moments was the final duel between Qui-Gon, Maul, and Obi-Wan, and it was coupled with a brilliant piece composed by John Williams that enhances the already beautiful visuals.

6. Pure Imagination – Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, 1971)

The main piece of one of my favorite childhood films, “Pure Imagination” is a beautiful piece that has been adapted in many different ways. My favorite version of the piece is the orchestral version that’s played at the end of the film.

7. Writing’s On The Wall – Sam Smith (Spectre, 2015)

While I might get some flak for this, “Writing’s On The Wall” isn’t the best Bond theme, but it’s definitely my favorite. The song perfectly fits the film, and the visuals of the opening sequence only enhance its beauty.