7 Bridesmaid Dress Themes to Consider for Your Wedding

“This must be what blackout curtains are made of,” you remember thinking, as you stood there sweating with the other bridesmaids.

16

As the bride and groom made their vows, you made one too: “When I get married, my bridesmaid dresses are going to be gorgeous!”

When it comes to bridesmaid dresses, there’s no need to feel like you’re limited – because you’re not.

People are incorporating all sorts of glamor and fun into their weddings through bridesmaid dresses, and you can too!

Here’s a guide to 7 bridesmaid dress themes that everyone is guaranteed to love:

1. Mix and Match

The rules of mix and match are…well…it’s basically up to you! Some brides select a fabric and color, and let their bridesmaids choose what style of dress they would like to have made.

Your bridesmaids will love this. It gives them the freedom to select a style they’re most comfortable in, and one that best suits their body shape.

Other brides opt to have the same style of dress, and mix and match the range of hues instead.

There are quite a few fun ways you can mix and match.

If you decide to go with mix and match, just be sure to communicate your vision clearly.

2. Boho

Boho style dresses are perfect for weddings. They exude effortless romance, and give off an ethereal airy vibe.

Think long flowy dresses made of thin natural fabric. They can be unbelted, or tied casually at the waist.

This look is best topped with hair down, perhaps done in loose waves.

Incorporating flowers in your bridesmaid’s hair cinches the boho look.

If you made daisy chains when you were younger, now’s your chance to put those skills back to use.

3. Rustic

Rustic dresses incorporate a little country, a little boho, and a little lace. The dresses are usually flowy, but the top can be more fitting, and include some lace detail or buttons.

Minimal details though – this look is not fussy.

Part of what makes a rustic look is the juxtaposition of elements.

Think: a somewhat rusted galvanized metal roof, and a mason jar full of fresh cut sunflowers.

You can recreate this vibe by having your bridesmaids wear cowboy boots with their dresses. There are so many fun ways of styling a rustic bridesmaid dress.

4. Bold Color

Bold colors make a killer statement.

Imagine, for a second, burnt orange: It’s not a color most associated with weddings, but it is absolutely gorgeous. It suits most skin tones, and you still get to have soft romantic colors too. It looks stunning when paired with pale pink and other neutral colors. It plays well with metallics and gold or pewter accents.

Kelly green is another fun color. It’s fresh and uplifting, and neutral colors look positively yummy when cozied up next to it.

5. All black

If you’re looking for a touch of sophistication, why not put your bridesmaids in black? The result is a look that’s sharp, elegant, and polished.

Black goes with everything. There’s not a single woman who doesn’t look incredible in a black dress.

Then, there’s the contrast of your gorgeous white gown set against the black…need we say more?

6. Flashy or Floral

It’s impossible not to be in a celebratory mood with gold or sequins.

If you’re going with something metallic or sequined, it usually works best if the dress itself is a simple cut.

If you don’t want to go all out, you can add some flashy details to your bridesmaid dresses instead.

You can add a touch of flash by gifting your bridesmaids a matching necklace or bracelet, too.

Flowers are present at every wedding. Synonymous with romance, bouquets of fresh sweet-smelling blooms are a vital detail that can’t be left out.

So why not clad your bridesmaids in flowers too? Floral patterned bridesmaid dresses are cheery and bright.

You can choose soft muted pastel arrangements, large blooms, or smaller flower detail in a single color.

7. Women’s Tuxedo and Jumpsuits

Your posse, all clad in a tuxedo? Bam! Talk about edgy.

Just because it’s less traditional, doesn’t mean you have to shy away from it. You can still add a feminine touch by incorporating heels and other delicate details.

Jumpsuits are another option. They’re fun, flattering, and allow a range of movement your bridesmaids will surely take advantage of on the dance floor.

Conclusion

We hope you are feeling inspired, and can’ wait to get the girls fitted for your big day.

Don’t be surprised if whatever you choose will be worn by them again – with ideas like these, your bridesmaids will be happy to rock their dress over and over.