7 Binge-Worthy TV Shows to Watch Over Spring Break

Some people chose to go to the beach, but you chose to stay in a relax

180
How-To Website

While Spring Break is a time for many people to vacation, party, and have fun outside of the home, there are many of us who will be using Spring Break to either catch up on our TV shows or start (and finish?) completely new ones. For the latter half of spring breakers, I have compiled a list of seven binge-worthy TV shows for you to check out while you're home.

1. New Girl (2011-present)

If there is one show where I can see myself in almost every character, it would be this one. Zooey Deschanel plays the wonderfully adorable and quirky Jess Day who becomes the roommate of three guys: Nick, Schmidt, and Winston (technically Coach in the first episode, but whatever). This is a sitcom, so I guarantee you will be guilty of the "one more episode" phenomenon that leads to an entire season in a day because the episodes end too soon.

2. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (2015-present)

Don't be turned off by the title my friends, because I almost was and I am so happy my initial reaction was wrong. This show is hilarious and somehow unlike any show, I've ever experienced. Rachel Bloom plays the "crazy ex-girlfriend" who was working hard at her New York job, making dough but it made her blue. One day she was crying a lot and that's when she decided to move to West Covina, California giving her brand new pals and a new career. It happens to be where her ex Josh lives (but that's not why she's there *wink*) and so on.

3. Supernatural (2005-present)

This has been one of my favorite shows for a long while and I think everyone should be able to experience it because, I mean, look at those boys in that picture above. Right? Saving people and hunting things is what Sam and Dean Winchester do and man, they do it well. Warning, though: you will get emotionally attached quickly. Oh, and there's the whole violence and gore thing, but really that's not that bad.

4. How I Met Your Mother (2005-2014)

Ted just wants to settle down and find his wife...and it takes him nine seasons. Ted and his friends Lily, Marshall, Barney, and love interest Robin embark on misadventures narrated by Ted to his future children (son played by David Henry aka Justin Russo from Wizards of Waverly Place). This show is hilarious and feel good (until the last episode...) It really is a must watch because the characters are fantastic and so fun to watch.

5. Grey's Anatomy (2005-present)

If you've ever heard someone say "Grey's is life" and thought they were exaggerating, they sadly were not. It is so easy to get caught up in the drama and lives of these characters. There is a large cast and with that, there is a lot of turnover with the only remaining characters (as far as I know) are Meredith, Alex, Bailey, and Webber. So, convert to the Grey's fandom and watch a medical drama that is definitely more drama than medical.

6. The Crown (2016-present)

There's only one season of this currently available on Netflix, but those ten episodes are completely enthralling. This show is about the life of a young Queen Elizabeth II when she first becomes queen of England. I may be partial to this show because I love Matt Smith (aka Philip, Duke of Edinburgh) with every inch of my heart. However, Elizabeth herself (Claire Foy) is incredible and a wonderful cast choice.

7. The Office (2005-2013)

Last but certainly not least on my list is "The Office." Office manager Michael Scott tries his best but often fails miserably. This show is great, however, I would recommend skipping the first season (something I rarely ever do) because it's just not good. Second season and on is pure perfection, though. Plus, the romance between Jim and Pam is goals.

All of these shows are currently available on Netflix, so if you have access, you have no excuse to not watch these. Also, side note, isn't it weird how most of the best shows started in 2005? Whoever was in charge of television that year did a stand up job. Have a fun and TV filled Spring Break, you all.