The 7 Best Hillsong Songs Of All Time
Music

The 7 Best Hillsong Songs Of All Time

The successful worship group has released many hits over the years, but here are the best seven all on one list.

21027
The 7 Best Hillsong Songs Of All Time
Photo by Joel Muniz on Unsplash

Hillsong as a whole has become so popular, and it is because of their ability to capture the heart of worship so well in their lyrics. Whether you are listening to United, Worship, or Young & Free, you will be blessed by this talented band of believers and will encounter the presence of God.

"What A Beautiful Name" by Hillsong Worship

It is clear why this song is so popular; it is all about lifting up the Name of Jesus. It is impossible to not worship when this song is played.

"Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" by Hillsong United

This is the song that is known to be somewhat "mainstream" or "basic," but we should stop using words like that to describe it because it is truly beautiful. It challenges believers to live a life completely led by the Holy Spirit, which is something we need so desperately in society today.

"So Will I" by Hillsong United

It is obvious that the Creator of the universe deserves every bit of worship He gets. "So Will I" reveals that God will get His worship from all parts of creation, so we humans as the only part of creation made in His image should definitely join in on worshipping Him!

"Hosanna" by Hillsong United

"Hosanna" is what the people cried as Jesus entered Jerusalem days before His crucifixion. While He was killed a few days later, that Palm Sunday He received the praise He always deserved. We as His people should continue to cry, "Hosanna!" to our King.

"The Stand" by Hillsong United

The bridge of this song really takes a look at the heart of worship. Our God is all powerful and all glorious; we should always be in awe of Him. "The Stand" takes me back to the reason I serve the Lord in the first place: He gave it all.

"Elohim" by Hillsong Worship

With the title being God in Hebrew, you know it is going to be a song completely about Him. "Elohim" lists out parts of what makes God who He is, and it leaves me with no other choice but to worship.

"Not Today" by Hillsong United

Any Christian knows that Satan is always working to turn us away from God and stop believing truth. This song proclaims that he is a liar and we will not allow him to hinder us in our walks with the Lord. I watched an interview with Joel Houston, one of the main worship leaders for Hillsong, and when asked about this song, he said it was written to "mock the mocker."