7 Awesome YouTube Channels You Should Be Watching

If you're looking for a reason to procrastinate, I just gave you seven.

1033
YouTube

In the wake of all the crappy things that have happened in this last week both political and not, I've decided to not go that route this week and give all Odyssey viewers something more cheerful to focus on.

So here are 7 of my top favorite YouTube channels you should be watching this week while you procrastinate all the papers you know you have due and avoid the sun even though the weather outside is FINALLY tolerable.

7. Andrew Rae

Notorious for the YouTube series "Binging With Babish", Andrew Rae is one of the newer channels I follow and his content is definitely worth it. In his series "Binging with Babish", Rae tackles real life recreations of food from our favorite TV shows and movies. He even includes a recipe for ratatouille from the movie of the same name. My personal favorite recipe of his is the "Baby You Can Chive My Car" burger from the TV series "Bob's Burger's".

6. Brave Wilderness

If you're an outdoorsy type of person who loves animals and all other creepy crawlies that live in the wilderness this is definitely the channel for you. This channel follows wilderness expert Coyote Peterson as he travels all around the world getting up close and personal with some the the world's cutest and most dangerous animals and insects. My personal favorite videos from this channel are when Peterson gets to feed cute baby animals. Who doesn't love cute baby animals? Regardless, if you're looking to feed your wild side, this is the channel to check out.

5. The Scran Line

If you're somebody who has a sweet tooth and you're looking for delicious and aesthetically pleasing recipes, this is the channel you should be watching. Honestly, there's not much to say about the channel besides everything on it looks freakin' delicious and the videos are super fun to watch even if you're not the best baker.

4. Vox

Vox is a really interesting channel. This channel makes really cool videos that take a closer look into things happening in the news, society, or simply interesting things from history. For example, have you ever asked yourself why losing your dog feels like losing a family member? Well they've got a pretty good video to tell you why.

3. Rob Dyke

Are you a person who's more into the horrific and strange? Rob Dyke is a great person to check out on YouTube then. His videos are usually deep dives into odd and bone chilling events. Dyke covers everything from the haunting case of Ted Bundy to disturbing things that people have found in their food. The best part about this channel is that Dyke definitely has the voice to match the nerve racking content he shares.

2. You Suck At Cooking

Now I know I've already mentioned 2 other cooking channels in this list already, but bear with me. You Suck At Cooking is not really a cooking channel, this guy is more entertainment than anything. It's kind of a dark sense of human sprinkled with a generous amount of sarcasm. Anyway, this channel is hilarious and pretty entertaining if you're looking for a way to waste your time.

1. Olan Rogers

Okay, this YouTube channel holds a special place in my heart. Olan Rogers is probably one of the funniest, most charismatic, and genuine personalities on YouTube. His videos consist of side-splitting story time videos, and very well produced skits that he makes himself. If there's one person you have to check out on this list, it's this guy. And I highly suggest starting with the video "Ghost in the stalls". You will not regret it.