60 Songs From The 60s That Make You Want To Twist And Shout

Growing up, my dad would play the hits of The Beatles, The Monkees, and other 60s artists. I was surrounded by music from the 60s and I did not even know it. It was not until a few years ago, that these songs started popping up in my playlists and I fell in love. Not only was I recognizing songs from my childhood, but I was falling in love with the music simply because it was and is perfect. I will take this so-called 'oldies' music over anything being produced today. So now, I share with you, 60 songs of the 60s that will truly make you want to twist and shout.

1. "California Dreamin'": The Mamas and The Papas (1965)

2. "Monday, Monday": The Mamas and The Papas (1966)

The Mamas and The PapasWikimedia Commons

3. "Dedicated To The One I Love": The Mamas and The Papas (1967)

4. "Make Your Own Kind of Music": Mama Cass Elliot (1969)

5. "Mrs. Robinson": Simon and Garfunkel (1968)

6. "The Boxer": Simon and Garfunkel (1969)

7. "It's Now or Never": Elvis Presley (1960)

8. "Can't Help Falling in Love": Elvis Presley (1961)

Elvis PresleyWikimedia Commons

9. "If I Can Dream": Elvis Presley (1968)

10. "Are You Lonesome Tonight?": Elvis Presley (1969)

11. "Suspicious Minds": Elvis Presley (1969)

12. "I Saw Her Standing There": The Beatles (1963)

13. "Twist and Shout": The Beatles (1963)

14. "Eight Days a Week": The Beatles (1964)

The BeatlesWikimedia Commons

15. "Day Tripper": The Beatles (1965)

16. "Yellow Submarine": The Beatles (1966)

17. "Hello, Goodbye": The Beatles (1967)

18."Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da": The Beatles (1968)

19. "(I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone": The Monkees (1966)

20. "She": The Monkees (1967)

21. "Pleasant Valley Sunday": The Monkees (1967)

22. "Day Dream Believer": The Monkees (1967)

23. "The Monkees-Opening Theme": The Monkees (1967)

24. "You're The One": The Vogues (1965)

25. "5 O'Clock World": The Vogues (1966)

26. "Shilo": Neil Diamond (1967)

Neil DiamondNN-Wikipedia

27. "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show": Neil Diamond (1968)

28. "Big Girls Don't Cry": The Four Seasons (1962)

29. "Sherry": The Four Seasons (1962)

30. "Fun, Fun, Fun": The Beach Boys (1964)

31. "I Get Around": The Beach Boys (1964)

The Beach BoysWikimedia Commons

32. "Wouldn't It Be Nice": The Beach Boys (1966)

33. "Good Vibrations": The Beach Boys (1966)

34. "Blue Moon": The Marcels (1961)

35. "The He Kissed Me": The Crystals (1963)

36. "Ring of Fire": Johnny Cash (1963)

37. "Summer Holiday": Cliff Richard (1963)

Cliff RichardWikimedia Commons

38. "You Really Got Me": The Kinks (1964)

39. "Walk On By": Dionne Warwick (1964)

40. "Come A Little Bit Closer": Jay & The Americans (1964)

41. "Turn, Turn, Turn": The Byrds (1965)

42." Downtown": Petula Clark (1965)

43.' My Girl": The Temptations (1965)

44. "I Got You Babe": Sonny & Cher (1965)

Sonny & CherWikimedia Commons

45. "Down Came The Rain": Mr. Murray (1965)

46. "What's New Pussycat": Tom Jones (1965)

47. "Hold Me, Kiss Me, Thrill Me": Mel Carter (1965)

48. "Spanish Flea": Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass (1965)

49. "These Boots Were Made For Walking": Nancy Sinatra (1966)

50. "You Can't Hurry Love": The Supremes (1966)

51. "Summer in The City": The Lovin' Spoonful (1966)

52. "Bus Stop": The Hollies (1966)

53. "Puppet On A String": Sandy Shaw (1967)

54. "Happy Together": The Turtles (1967)

55. "The Rain, The Park, And Other Things": The Cowsills (1967)

56. "Brown Eyed Girl": Otis Redding (1967)

Otis ReddingFlickr

57. "Lily The Pink": The Scaffold (1968)

58. "Cinderella Rockefella": Ester Ofarim (1968)

59. "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict": Pink Floyd (1969)

60. "Windmill Of Your Mind": Dusty Springfield (1969)