60 Songs From The 60s That Make You Want To Twist And Shout

60 Songs from the 60s That Make you Want To Twist And Shout

This is dedicated to the one I love.

961

Growing up, my dad would play the hits of The Beatles, The Monkees, and other 60s artists. I was surrounded by music from the 60s and I did not even know it. It was not until a few years ago, that these songs started popping up in my playlists and I fell in love. Not only was I recognizing songs from my childhood, but I was falling in love with the music simply because it was and is perfect. I will take this so-called 'oldies' music over anything being produced today. So now, I share with you, 60 songs of the 60s that will truly make you want to twist and shout.

1. "California Dreamin'": The Mamas and The Papas (1965)

2. "Monday, Monday": The Mamas and The Papas (1966)

The Mamas and The PapasWikimedia Commons

3. "Dedicated To The One I Love": The Mamas and The Papas (1967)

4. "Make Your Own Kind of Music": Mama Cass Elliot (1969)

5. "Mrs. Robinson": Simon and Garfunkel (1968)

6. "The Boxer": Simon and Garfunkel (1969)

7. "It's Now or Never": Elvis Presley (1960)

8. "Can't Help Falling in Love": Elvis Presley (1961)

Elvis PresleyWikimedia Commons

9. "If I Can Dream": Elvis Presley (1968)

10. "Are You Lonesome Tonight?": Elvis Presley (1969)

11. "Suspicious Minds": Elvis Presley (1969)

12. "I Saw Her Standing There": The Beatles (1963)

13. "Twist and Shout": The Beatles (1963)

14. "Eight Days a Week": The Beatles (1964)

The BeatlesWikimedia Commons

15. "Day Tripper": The Beatles (1965)

16. "Yellow Submarine": The Beatles (1966)

17. "Hello, Goodbye": The Beatles (1967)

18."Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da": The Beatles (1968)

19. "(I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone": The Monkees (1966)

20. "She": The Monkees (1967)

21. "Pleasant Valley Sunday": The Monkees (1967)

22. "Day Dream Believer": The Monkees (1967)

23. "The Monkees-Opening Theme": The Monkees (1967)

24. "You're The One": The Vogues (1965)

25. "5 O'Clock World": The Vogues (1966)

26. "Shilo": Neil Diamond (1967)

Neil DiamondNN-Wikipedia

27. "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show": Neil Diamond (1968)

28. "Big Girls Don't Cry": The Four Seasons (1962)

29. "Sherry": The Four Seasons (1962)

30. "Fun, Fun, Fun": The Beach Boys (1964)

31. "I Get Around": The Beach Boys (1964)

The Beach BoysWikimedia Commons

32. "Wouldn't It Be Nice": The Beach Boys (1966)

33. "Good Vibrations": The Beach Boys (1966)

34. "Blue Moon": The Marcels (1961)

35. "The He Kissed Me": The Crystals (1963)

36. "Ring of Fire": Johnny Cash (1963)

37. "Summer Holiday": Cliff Richard (1963)

Cliff RichardWikimedia Commons

38. "You Really Got Me": The Kinks (1964)

39. "Walk On By": Dionne Warwick (1964)

40. "Come A Little Bit Closer": Jay & The Americans (1964)

41. "Turn, Turn, Turn": The Byrds (1965)

42." Downtown": Petula Clark (1965)

43.' My Girl": The Temptations (1965)

44. "I Got You Babe": Sonny & Cher (1965)

Sonny & CherWikimedia Commons

45. "Down Came The Rain": Mr. Murray (1965)

46. "What's New Pussycat": Tom Jones (1965)

47. "Hold Me, Kiss Me, Thrill Me": Mel Carter (1965)

48. "Spanish Flea": Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass (1965)

49. "These Boots Were Made For Walking": Nancy Sinatra (1966)

50. "You Can't Hurry Love": The Supremes (1966)

51. "Summer in The City": The Lovin' Spoonful (1966)

52. "Bus Stop": The Hollies (1966)

53. "Puppet On A String": Sandy Shaw (1967)

54. "Happy Together": The Turtles (1967)

55. "The Rain, The Park, And Other Things": The Cowsills (1967)

56. "Brown Eyed Girl": Otis Redding (1967)

Otis ReddingFlickr

57. "Lily The Pink": The Scaffold (1968)

58. "Cinderella Rockefella": Ester Ofarim (1968)

59. "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict": Pink Floyd (1969)

60. "Windmill Of Your Mind": Dusty Springfield (1969)