6 Ways To Spend Your Winter Break

6 Ways To Spend Your Winter Break

Defeat the boredom by sipping on coffee, reading a good book, or petting some dogs!

307
6 Ways To Spend Your Winter Break

As the term is over, and we’re finally recovering from all the stress over finals, use your time wisely this winter break. Yes, taking me-days is important, and actually taking a break is great, but don’t forget to use the most of your time and do things you love! Here, are some ideas to spend your winter break, for when you momentarily get bored and think about going back to school:

1. Take a road trip.

The US is home to the best road trips in the whole world. If you have the time, and the gas money, go from NY to CA. There are so many things to see, like the Grand Canyon or Washington DC. Or maybe go from Florida to Maine, you can hang out on the beach one day and climb a snowy mountain the next. Or, heck, just take a road trip to your nearest grocery store and buy some ice cream, that sounds fun too!

2. Read a book.

I know most of you, like myself, own so many books that you never really got around to reading. Reading may also seem like the last thing you want to do during your school break, but I promise it’s fun! There are so many books to read, so even if you don’t have one handy at home, go to your local library and stock up! Also, make sure to make an epic hot chocolate for all of your reading sessions.

3. Volunteer.

Whether you celebrate the holiday season or not, December is a wonderful month for giving back. Pick something you’re passionate about and find a local charity that correlates to your passion. Try animal shelters, charity 5Ks, or serving Christmas dinner to those in need! These activities will warm your heart, and the stories you get from volunteering are unlike no other.

4. Bake cookies.

From chocolate chip to gingerbread, 'tis the season for baking! Try a new cookie recipe... Pinterest has the best ideas! Maybe bake an old family recipe, or honestly, we all know those Pillsbury Christmas cookies are the best ones, so maybe make those. Also, your family and friends will be greatly appreciative of all of your baked goods. Just remember: baking soothes the soul.

5. Tick off things on your to-do list.

It’s winter break and you finally have time to yourself. If you’re seeking to be productive this winter break, get a head start on your to-do list for 2018. Start by writing down everything you want to achieve in 2018, and take it from there. Sometimes checking off the simplest thing from your priority list reduces your stress level by a 1000%. Also, if you’re feeling uber productive, get a head start on next semester's readings… haha just kidding.

6. Cafe crawl.

We often never take the time to explore our own hometowns, but sometimes they have the best places. Go on a cafe crawl with your friends, or perhaps by yourself, equipped with a good book. There might be some cute hipster cafes just waiting to be explored in your neighborhood that you may have never known about. Also, Christmas lattes and teas are the greatest things to ever exist, so treat yourself with quite a few.

All in all, just make sure you spend your time relaxing but also utilizing your free moments. Take in everything and do what you feel like is best for you. This list offers some of my favorites. What are yours?