6 Ways To Help A Friend In Need

6 Ways To Help A Friend In Need

It is important that when you have a friend you help them when they cannot help themselves.

72
6 Ways To Help A Friend In Need
WebMD

Sometimes we see the ones we love the most struggle to do the things we see as extremely easy. It is up to us to validate their feelings, but at the same time encourage them to do tasks that are essential to feeling better. Here are some ways to help that friend that needs a little more time in the morning.

1. Do not just tell them to get out of bed.

For some people, telling them to get out of bed may work, but not for everyone. People work differently, and the words “get out of bed” are not especially encouraging. Try a little more compassion. Instead, say, “You know you will feel better once you get up,” or, “You know you will feel worse about staying in bed later.”

2. If you are close to the person, try crawling into bed with them.

Sometimes we just want a little company. Sometimes we just need some extra warmth from another heart to remind ours how to beat its impeccable drum. Sometimes we just need a hug. Sometimes we just need a shoulder to cry on. Sometimes we just need another person in bed to remind us to get up.

3. Bring them some ice cream.

Most of us love sweets. Sweets have this ability to just make us a little bit more excited for whatever. In school, that was the biggest reward.

4. Try lifting them out of bed.

Try bringing them to the bathroom. Help them brush their teeth. Help them brush their hair. Maybe by just bringing them to the bathroom with some fresh clothes, you can encourage them to take a shower and put on the clean clothes.

5. Encourage them to eat.

When we are trapped in our minds it can be a bit challenging to eat a meal. Try bringing them their favorite foods and encourage them to eat, even if you have to feed them.

6. Do not expect them to do a lot of activities that day.

Encourage them, yes, but do not expect them to be able to do everything. Getting out of bed could have drained them of all their energy and they may just want to relax. Let them know it is okay to take a mental health day.

It is okay to be down in the dumps. No one can be super every day. You are doing a great job existing and I hope you know that.