6 Types Of Classmates You Meet In College

I can guarantee you've met at least one of these students.

837
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/05/16/6366207575939057641057097564_Student_in_Class_(3618969705).jpg

In my four years of college, I’ve met people from all walks of life. Some classmates are pretty cool, some blend into the background, and the rest are usually obnoxious or strange. It wouldn’t be any fun to talk about the cool or boring classmates, so we’re going to talk about the weird ones.

1. The genius

There’s always one person in class who knows everything that the professor is about to say. Either they’ve taken the class before or it’s on a subject they really like. Regardless, no one likes a know-it-all. Their constant interruptions can make cause big distractions, even for the professor.

2. The late-comer

As someone who is careful to be early to everything, this kind of person stresses me out so much. I’ve taken a class where one student showed up to class at least thirty minutes late every day we had class. What is even the point of coming to class if you’re just going to miss half of it? Also: how do they still manage to pass after being tardy every single day? Some things will always remain a mystery to me.

3. The ghost

This is the classmate that you never see after syllabus week except for exam days. They are never in class for lecture and either fail every exam or somehow manage to pass with flying colors. At least the late-comer actually shows up! No one knows how they manage to get by with never showing up to class, but they always do.

4. The under-prepared

This student never has everything they need for class. They are constantly asking if there was homework due, if they can look at your textbook, or if they can borrow a pencil and paper. Every day is as if they have never been to school before.

5. The creeper

There’s always that one kid in class that tends to make everyone… uncomfortable. And they are usually a male student. He doesn’t really understand boundaries or personal space. This is the kind of guy who believes he’s a “nice guy” who’s constantly stuck in the “friend zone,” but really he’s just a jerk. If he’s not staring at you from across the room, he’s stopping you after class to give you compliments and getting upset when you don’t immediately want to date him. Avoid at all costs.

6. The unfiltered

This student doesn’t care about you or your opinions and they will make it known. They will disagree with anyone and everyone just to play devil’s advocate, or just to be a jerk. They also don’t care if they offend anyone because “it’s just their opinion.” This can cause pleanty of heated discussions during class time and a lot of getting off topic.