6 Transgender People To Follow On Instagram

Transgender Day of Visibility is this month, who can you learn from?
4937

Transgender Day Of Visibility is held every year on March 31st. It is a day used to celebrate the Trans community and recognize the accomplishments of it members. It's a day used to show love for all Trans people. This day can be used to educate others, as well to learn something new for yourself. Of course, Transgender Day of Visibility doesn't have to be restricted to one day, a simple way to celebrate and learn all year around is to feel your social media with the accounts with Transgender activists who are all on their own unique journeys. Here's a list of six inspiring people to get you started:

1. Leo Sheng @isupersheng

A transgender man who began documenting his transition from female to male on his Instagram account. Providing a new perspective for many, on the transition process.

2. Janet Mock @janetmock

A New York Times best selling author, Transgender rights activists, and T.V. Host. With her recent fairy-tail wedding, Mock is living a life that many believe a Transgender woman never could.

3. Ryan Cassata @ryancassata

Along with being a singer/ songwriter, and LGBTQ activist, Ryan Cassata is also a transgender man who represents those who feel comfortable without undergoing hormone replacement therapy. Which means Ryan does not take testosterone, though he has had surgery to flatten his chest. Ryan shows that regardless of the very personal choice of taking hormones his gender should still be respected and expressed the way he sees fit just like anyone else. His newest album Shine Can be found on iTunes.

4. Carmen Carrera @carmen_carrera

A transgender woman who first appeared on RuPaul's Drag Race, later Carrera would come out as a trans women and would begin to highlight the difference between a drag queen and a transgender woman. Carrera also has a modeling career and in 2015 an online petition was started for her to be Victoria's Secret's first Trangender Angel.

5. Aydian Dowling @alionsfear

A Transgender activist, YouTube personality, and the founder of the clothing line Point 5cc, which is about showing pride and giving back to the Trangender community. Dowling is also a body builder who was the runner up for a spot on the cover of Men's Health Magazine.

6. Kat Blaque

Is a Trangender activist, feminist vlogger, YouTube personality, and illustrator. She tackles subject matter both related and unrelated to her trans status on her YouTube channel, Facebook page, and Twitter. Go to her website to see all her work in one place.