6 Tips For Waking Up Early This Year

6 Tips For Waking Up Early This Year

Resist the snooze button and hop right out of bed.

13
6 Tips For Waking Up Early This Year
Kelly Mueller

It is coming to the time of year where we need to get back in the swing of waking up early and heading off to classes. We might not all be morning people, but after this list you'll be a pro!

1. Get a decent alarm clock!

It isn't a secret that a good alarm clock will help get you out of bed in the morning. If you prefer to use your phone as an alarm, there are many free apps that will even make you complete math problems to turn the alarm off! After you finish a few questions you'll have the brain of a functioning adult.

2. YOU HAVE TIME!

If you wake up earlier then everyone else, odds are you will have time to do all of the things that you've been wanting to do! Want to work out but you don't always seem to have the time? Try waking up early and using that opportunity to do things that YOU want to do.

3. Eat a good breakfast!

You should eat as soon as you wake up! You were just asleep for quite a few hours and your body needs nutrition and water to help jump start you into your day. When you eat and drink water right after waking up you will help yourself feel much less groggy and tired. Make yourself a smoothie or your favorite breakfast food!

4. Reward yourself!

When you start waking up early, people are always going to ask why, and you should always have an answer ready. My answer would be that I love to have a morning coffee and relax before I have to spend the whole day in class. Maybe your reason is that you want to clean your apartment or just even just the bragging rights of waking up before the rest of the world.

5. Avoid the snooze button!

It is time to get up once you hear the high pitch shriek of your alarm. Resist the urge to hit snooze and fall back asleep because those short nine minutes might seem worth it but most likely it will just make you feel even more exhausted.

6. Hop right out of bed!

As soon as the alarm goes off, hop right out of bed, turn the lights on and grab a drink of water. Try your hardest not to even think about how tired you are, just get up and start moving around.