6 Things That Happen When You Go Home For The Weekend

It's good to be home
81

1. You eat an unhealthy amount of food.

Mom's cooking is just too good to pass up. After eating every meal at the dining hall you're more than happy to finally eat home-cooked food. But your mom wants to make sure you're eating right. For the first time in weeks, you don't have to pay for your own food so of course, you're going to take advantage of that.

2. Your parents will take you out shopping at least once during the weekend.

"Do you have enough snacks? Cleaning supplies? Need more clothes?" Let's face it, your parents understand that you are a broke college student at this point. Although they're probably not going to pay for everything, you'll definitely end up going back to school with one or more shopping bags.

3. You see at least one person from high school accidentally.

Chances are you're the only one from your close group of friends that is home for the weekend. But that won't stop you from seeing that one person who was in your English class senior year. This encounter will most likely be awkward since you haven't seen them since June.

4. You will take the longest shower ever.

Strong water pressure? Bless up. After either using communal showers or if you're lucky enough to have a suite, you still have missed your own bathroom. You can finally take a shower for however long you want because the water will actually stay warm.

5. You'll live out of a suitcase the entire time.

It's clearly not worth it to unpack everything you've brought home since you'll only be home for a few days. Most likely all of your clothes will be wrinkled but at least you won't have to pay for laundry.

6. It'll feel like you have never left.

Even though you might only have brought a bag or two home from school, as soon as you walk in the front doors of your house you'll feel like you've never left. Even though your college may be your home now, nothing will ever compare to sleeping in your own bed or being with your family.