6 Things We Should All Be Thankful For

6 Things We Should All Be Thankful For

Despite all of the negativity over the past few months, each of us has a lot that we should never forget to be thankful for.

69
6 Things We Should All Be Thankful For
Cappex

I don't know about everyone else but to me, 2016 has seemed like a year with a lot of negativity and I could use a break from that! As we approach the holiday season, it's easy to get caught up in the gifts and parties but many of us forget about all of the wonderful things we have to be thankful for. While we all may have different lives and varying blessings, there are some things that apply to a lot of us so here are six things we can all be thankful for this year.

1. Our loved ones

Whether they're friends, family, mentors, or significant others, we all have people in our lives who are there for us no matter what.

2. The roof over our heads

Over half a million people in this country do not have a home to come back to every night. Let's not take for granted the comfort and safety of the homes we are blessed to have.

3. Our education

While this is one that we all complain about and take for granted, education is something that we should definitely be grateful for, especially those of us in college.

4. Freedom

Say what you will about our government but know that yes, there are places in the world where you would not have the right to do so.

5. The people who gave us that freedom

Men and women who serve in the military, first responders, government officials. While they may all serve us in different ways, they ALL still deserve our thanks and respect because without them, freedom and safety would not be available to us.

6. Our pets

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. -Andy Rooney

Go hug your dog please, he'll appreciate it! (If you don't have a dog, find one and keep it.)

Seriously though, when it all comes down to it, each of us has a tremendous list of things that we should be thankful for. Take some time today to reflect on what that list may look like for you. And Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!