What better time to reflect on what you're thankful for?
Education

6 Things I'm Thankful For

79
6 Things I'm Thankful For

While it's important to constantly be thankful for all that you have, Thanksgiving is a great reminder to reflect. This year has been full of new adventures for me and a lot of it has come down to trusting the process. Going into this holiday season, these are five things that I am especially thankful for.

1. My family

Like I said, there are some things that you should constantly be thankful for and family is one of them. My family is my biggest support system, always having my back no matter where life takes me. I'm so grateful to have parents that always have advice to give me, come to every event I'm involved in, and even drive sixteen hours in one weekend just to take me to school. I'm grateful to have siblings that I can always call for help or just to hear a story that will make me laugh. I'm grateful to have grandparents that constantly support me, let me come and go into their house as needed, and of course always have the best food. I'm grateful for my dog for always being the best hello when I come home from school and for being the cutest cuddle buddy. Friends will come and go, but family is forever.

2. My friends

While I may have listed them separately, my friends are my family. I'm thankful for all the friends I've made in college and all the adventures that they've taken me on. I'm thankful for the bonds that I've formed with my roommates and being able to share a room with an amazing friend. I'm thankful for my friends from high school because even when college gets tough I know that I'll always have them to go home to. I know I'm a lot further away this year, but it hasn't changed our friendship at all and I appreciate that. Being able to FaceTime and catch up is what keeps me going until the next break.

3. My boyfriend

There's no way for me to put into words how thankful I am to have him. Through the highs and the lows, he's always been there to support me. Whether it's hiking, watching a movie, driving around in the truck or cooking dinner, we always manage to have a great time together. I'm thankful that he knows how to cheer me up when I'm upset or calm me down when I'm stressed out. I'm thankful for all that he's taught me and continues to teach me every day. I'm thankful that we've been able to grow as individuals and as a whole. I'm thankful for having a better half who brings out the best version of myself.

4. Going home

Transferring to a new school has been an exciting experience, but it feels like I hit the ground running and never stopped. I'm thankful to finally have the opportunity to spend some time at home with my friends and family, especially since it's a holiday. I'm thankful that I will have a few days where I won't be so far from my loved ones. I'm thankful to have amazing people to go home to.

5. The University of Maine

I'm thankful to the University of Maine and all of the opportunities it has provided me with. I was able to immediately get involved on campus and find organizations that I liked as well as classes that I enjoy. I'm thankful for all the friends I have been able to make here. I'm thankful that my college experience was changed for the better.

6. Tri Delta

I never imagined myself joining a sorority, but I am so glad that I did. Tri Delta has given me not only friends but a family here at school. Growing with the new member class has been so exciting and now that we're initiated I'm excited to grow with all of our members. I'm thankful for the opportunity to make a difference in other people's lives. I'm thankful for the home I have here in Maine that makes being so far from New York just that much easier. I'm thankful for my sisters.

Take the time to think about what you're thankful for and when you figure it out, be sure to let those people know. Sometimes you have someone great in your life and you don't want to take advantage of that. Let those that you value know just how valued they are.