Here are 6 things that all college commuters face as a result of not living on campus:
1. Your list of college friends is slim to none.Giphy
Your college friends include your favorite agenda and the girl who sits right beside you in Psychology.
2. The parking spots. OH the parking spots.Police Academy Parking GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY Giphy
If you're lucky, you'll only have to fight three people for a parking spot that's located conveniently ten minutes from classes.
3. Getting up way earlier for class, which makes that 8:00am class even more dreadful.Giphy
Thinking: "If I have class at 8:00 am, that means I need to leave the house at 7:15 am, which means I need to be up at 7:00 am, which means I need to be asleep by 11:00 pm", every single time you put your head on the pillow.
4. Oh, and if there's traffic? Wake up even earlier.Giphy
Had to wake up at 7:00 am for an exam 45 minutes away? Waze now says you need to be up at 6:22 am due to a bad accident. HAVE FUN.
5. Choosing being actively involved in evening school activities or have fuel in your tank.Giphy
Many offered extra credit opportunities require commuter students to either return all the way home, to then drive back to school (killing the fuel tank), or they can miss the opportunities altogether. The same goes even for events that offer no extra credit but simply provide social connections and fun events.
6. No dorm rooms? No private hang outs.Giphy
A college commuter is either in their classes or on their way home. It can be hard to have no private areas to study or de-stress. Additionally, dorm buildings are hallways that offer connections and friendships that can be hard to find elsewhere.