Six Things All Gamers Can Relate To

Six Things All Gamers Can Relate To

Game on.

282
Six Things All Gamers Can Relate To
Big Think

As someone who has grown up playing video games, I've made a lot of friends and met a lot of people who have the same taste in game, or same taste in gaming style. With this being true for the most part, I have also met a lot of people and made a lot of friends who have tastes in games and styles the complete opposite as mine. Neither of these hold any priority to this article, because I'm naming certain things that all gamers have done or can relate to.

1. "Pause the Game."

At some point or another we have heard the words "pause the game" while in an online matchmaking game. It could have been on a console, or on the computer, but it's certain that at some point in a situation where there's no real pause feature, someone, most likely our mother, has said these words.

2. Sometimes you just have to play dirty.

There's almost always been a case where you and a friend would be playing a competitive game that required the split-screen function to come into play. This could hold true for most shooters, and even some racing games that had the feature of co-op play. The primary goal of the matter is to win, and although we always say we won't "screen-peek," it happens at some point or another because your opponent always appears right behind you.

15 Things Only Gamers Will Understand

3. Losing track of time.

It can happen often, or not often at all, but there's always a point when we're playing a game, and time just seems to speed up for no reason. What can feel like two hours can actually end up being five or more, and you never realize it until you look at your clock and realize it's three in the morning and you have to be up in a couple of hours.

4. LAN Parties.

LAN parties are always some of the best parts of having gamer friends around you. Being able to hook up your computer or console to a network with your friends while all being in the same room together makes the gaming experience just that much more fun since everyone is there to be in on the action. While it's true that this can happen online, it's just that much more enjoyable to have your friends in the same room as you while you go on your virtual adventures.

5. Death of a favorite.

There's always that one character that you get attached to, or that the majority of fans like for whatever they may do in the game. Despite how heroic they may seem, or how popular they are to the people playing the game, there is sometimes a case where they don't make it to see the final chapter to the story of the game, and it's always a gut-wrenching experience to go through for the player.

6. The joy of our first console.

Whether as a kid or as an adult, gamers have always experienced the excitement and happiness of unwrapping a present to see it's the latest gaming system available. I'm sure at some point all of our faces were just like this kid's when he opened up his Nintendo-64 for the first time.