6 Stages Of Deciding To Get A Hair Cut

6 Stages Of Deciding To Get A Hair Cut

There is a definite science to the process of deciding to cut your hair.

13
Hairfinder

Stage 1: The Thought.

This is when one begins to think, what would it feel like to change my look? Would it be good, bad, how much would I cut, would years of growing out my hair go to waste? Then thoughts turn positive, I need change, change is good, a new hair cut would give me confidence. If your initial positive thoughts outweigh the concerns you move to stage 2.

Stage 2: The Talk.

You begin to ask a few close friends what they think. You are looking for either reassurances that you are ready for such a big change in your life or looking for a reason to forget about cutting your hair. There are different outcomes from this stage. First, it will be a resounding no, they think you look good the way you are and to be honest you are slightly relieved that they talked you out of it. Second, they are all on board and convince you to go for it! Third, they secretly really want you to, but they know you don't take advice well so they challenge you. They know you're too afraid, you would never do that, little do they know you aren't backing down now (this was their goal from the beginning)! If the reaction from friends was the last two you move onto stage 3.

Stage 3: Pinterest.

Now that it seems you are committed you should probably start seriously thinking about your new do! And of course, it's great procrastination. You pin a few here and there, ask some trusted friends, and by the end, you've spent hours visualize the new you. You are pretty committed at this point and you move to stage 4.

Stage 4: PANIC.

This is when the doubts start to creep in. Will I actually look okay with that hair style? What will other people think? Will it turn out okay? Is it worth the years it took me to grow out my hair? What if I immediately hate it?What if other people hate it? What if? What if? What if? Normally this lasts (off and on) until you actually go through with the hair appointment. If you are able to see straight from all this panic, you move onto stage 5.

Stage 5: Decision.

I WILL cut my hair. This is when you tell yourself everything will be fine and you deserve this! Before you can change your mind you schedule the appointment. If the panic doesn't overtake you, you move to stage 6.

Stage 6: The Appointment.

Here it is, the day you have been equally dreading and looking forward to! You tell the stylist what you want and after your done, you run your hands through your hair and abruptly the hair ends a lot sooner than normal. It's really weird at first, but you get used to it and you love it. Everything about your new hair screams a new you and you can take on the world!