6 Spooky Halloween Costumes for Our Favorite Fictional Book Characters

Ever wonder what the characters from your Halloween costume options would decide to be on Halloween?

380

Book consume a large aspect of our minds, and our favorite fictional character takes our hearts, so much so that we aspire to be them one night every year. While most of us spend a lot of time imagining what we’re going to be for Halloween, we never really take the time to really picture what our favorite characters would go as if they were real. For this list, I mostly stuck to the lovable gangs from the best book series out there and their costume counterparts.

1. The Harry Potter Series

We all know that good things come in threes, and the golden trio is no exception. Despite Halloween being a muggle tradition, there is no doubt that this gang deserves to get in on the fun. And what would they go as? Well, a team through and through, they would go with a matching set. No, not the three musketeers, they’re not that basic. Brave and strong, they’d go as King Arthur, Merlin, and Queen Guinevere of Camelot no question. The real question would be which wizard would be supporting the chain-mail. Not one to want attention and the heart of the group would be Harry Potter or Merlin. Despite wanting to be a knight like Lancelot, HermioneGranger would get talked into being the fierce ruler, Queen Guinevere. There is no question, that Weasley is our King. Reckless and Strong, Ron definitely shows off his dastardly skills as King Arthur.

2. The Mortal Instrument Series

Shadowhunters may not take part in the Mundane world but everyone has to have fun sometime, especially with newly introduced mundies in the mix. Simon Lewis, human turned vampire, might want to take part in a sparky suave heartthrob but we know that his nerdy side would conquer. Him, and the spicy and beautiful Izzy would definitely go as heroic Luke Skywalker and confident Princess Leia. Clary Fray would humor her best friend and go as the bad-ass survivor Rey (from the newer movies) with the handsome commander Poe, i.e. Jace, by her side. And I know, Jace would rather go as himself but for the sake of Clary and the fact that he doesn’t have to cover his face, he’d go along with it. But whether he genuinely got the two confused since Nephilim don’t watch TV or he just wanted to mess with Simon, Alec would go as Star Trek’s stoic and calm Spock. Warlock Magnus Bane, a man of fashion elegance, would go as a glittery genie (with a Starfleet symbol pin on his lamp to match his man).

3. The Percy Jackson Series

These half-blood campers are a tight-knit group, one that accomplishes prophecies and plays capture the flag together all in one day. So, it’s no jump to conclusion to assume that these heroes would go with a group costume for their Halloween outing. Annabeth Chase would go as the fierce yet kind warrior, Wonder Woman. Percy Jackson, lover of water, would definitely want to match Annabeth with his own Justice League Member, Aquaman. Goofy but lovable Grover Underwood would want to go as the Dark Knight but ultimately settle for comfort over coolness and let his goat legs shine by painting them green for Beast Boy. Jason Grace, son of Zeus, would definitely want to go as one of the Big Boys, and his sunshine personality would make him a perfect Superman. In Addition, Will Solace would go as Hulk and force the cute but shy and brooding boyfriend Nico Di Angelo to go as Wiccan.

4. The Raven Cycle Book Series

While most groups go with a theme, these boys are too different to stick to one. However, that doesn’t make their costumes any less them. The sassy clothes maker Blue would definitely ignore her boys in favor of going with a super obscure costume, as the radical feminist artist Judy Chicago. Explorer and brave Gansey would go as Indiana Jones. Ronan Lynch would definitely not want to dress as anything, but for the sake of his friends, he’d go as a pirate so at least he could have his raven, Chainsaw, by his side. Adam Parrish would be so busy working that he’d have no time (or money) to buy his costume so he’d make his own by wearing a Coca-Cola t-shirt and make something up. Last but not least, shy and quiet Noah would go as a ghost so that he doesn’t have to look anyone in the eye.

5. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

These peculiar children are the definition of Halloween--dark yet interesting, thus the perfect costumes for the group would be ones from Halloween classics. Jacob Portman may be the most normal one of them all, so he’d either be the normal Max from “Hocus Pocus” or the popular savior Jack Skellington. And whether it’s to blend in with her steel boots (movie) or cover her fire releasing hands (book), Emma would go as the kind Edward Scissorhands. The creepy but useful Enoch would make a scarily accurate Beetlejuice (written Betelgeuse) and Olive as the light but beautiful Emily (Corpse Bride).

6. Supernatural

I know that technically Supernatural is not a book but a television show, however there are companion novels such as “Bobby Singer’s Survival Guide” and “John Winchester’s Journal” that I’m going to let it slide. I know that every day for Sam and Dean seems like Halloween, but free candy and an excuse to let their freak flag fly would be a time they wouldn’t miss. Despite not wanting to, if secretly nerdy Sam would go then he’d be one of his favorite book characters, Harry Potter. Castiel, let’s face it, wouldn’t see the point of this holiday but this Angel would get stuffed into a halo by one of the two. Lover of rock and roll, Dean would be any number of mullet rockstars, or even a superhero.